Postal Service

Empehi

Mail postcards when you get back, people report it takes 3 to 6 months to receive mail from Cuba.

There isn’t a PO near the port, if you are taking a tour ask the driver to stop at “oficina de correos”. The main PO is near Revolution Square, which most tours visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is there is post office near the pier to purchase stamps and mail post cards? Would anyone know the cost of a post card to the US? Which Cuban currency?

Thanks a million.

empehi

I read that the post office is up the street from the square across from the port. There is a kiosk outside with postcards and stamps. There is also a mailbox at the Hotel National. It might take a few months to arrive at the US address but I think it would be worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is indeed a PO near the port right off the Plaza de San Francisco and stamps to the US are 75 cents each for a postcard. As others have said, they take a LONG time to reach the US though; mine took about 3.5 months or so to the US and still over 2 months to Europe. I am going back this week to Havana and will wait until back in Miami to mail portcards this time however it is cool to send some from Cuba if youve never been there before.