Multiple on board accounts

nicavecmini

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to have two on board accounts set up for one cabin please? With a different credit card registered to each one? My friend and I will be sharing a twin cabin on Azura and it would make our lives easier if we could keep our spending separate rather than having to try and work it all out at the end.

If you can do it, is it possible to split the OBC 50/50 across the two accounts or would it all have to go on one?

Thanks

You just need to inform the check-in person.

OBC is assigned to each individual, though when both accounts are going to one cc the total of both comes off the the total if one person has not used up their OBC and the other has spent more than their OBC.

You simply register individual credit cards at check in. OBC is allocated to each person anyway so there should not be a problem.

Brian

Remembering if Boarding Southampton that you now enter your pin into the chip/pin credit card machine

An on board account relates to one person and when that person uses their cruise card charges get added. Two individuals will spend independently each generating their own expenses. When people travel as a couple they often combine the expenses and settle their two accounts by a single credit card. Two friends travelling together of independent financial means settle their two accounts separately each using their own credit card.

Where problems arise are not to do with accounting but signing for stuff. At a bar one person would normally get a round in, next time the other would get a round in etc. same as using cash down the pub. So that's easy to follow. However "mini-bar" in cabin is contentious. It's expensive to use any drinks from this facility so I avoid it altogether and go to bars and stock up with unopened bottles etc. The charge for the mini-bar usually gets assigned to passenger 1 in the cabin!

It is possible to keep track of your own expenditure by asking for an account printout at Reception as often as you like free of charge.

Regards John

It is possible to keep track of your own expenditure by asking for an account printout at Reception as often as you like free of charge.

Regards John

On Azura you can view your account(s) on the cabin TV

Brian

I went with a friend in June , my first cruise. Our accounts were completely separate. We had different drinks , coffees and drinks from the bar and gave our own cruise cards for payment when we ordered. No problem. We did have room service twice but as I was the lead name , it was charged to my account so my friend bought me a couple of drinks , to balance it out. Worked out fine.