Breakaway Baltic Cruise - 22nd July 18- View from the Haven

Markj

no one checks what letter you actually have so its a scrum to get to the front with many passengers ignoring letters and recommended times to just turn up at theatre same time

once off ship Russian immigration can take another hour especially if you have groups putting one person across several lines and then merging them all into the one they think shortest-in this case ours!

Thanks! I have already contacted BestGuides and they know all about the debarkation delays, and said they would wait for all on the excursion to get outside!

. I just hope the rest of whoever is in our group knows to try to get group A! Quick question: how were the lunches with BestGuides? I got the impression they were included (paid for) with the purchase of the excursion. Is this true, or did you have to pay extra for your lunches? Just want to be prepared for our family of 4.

Yes, lunches on both days are included - we had one at a restaurant near Peterhof and the 2nd in the city. The first one was a little "weird" but the 2nd was very nice

And yes - as above - Best Guides know the immigration times and process so don't worry, they have plenty of representatives in the terminal building and I even read in another review that they got a taxi for someone who was "horribly" delayed and caught up with the group

Yes, lunches on both days are included - we had one at a restaurant near Peterhof and the 2nd in the city. The first one was a little "weird" but the 2nd was very nice

And yes - as above - Best Guides know the immigration times and process so don't worry, they have plenty of representatives in the terminal building and I even read in another review that they got a taxi for someone who was "horribly" delayed and caught up with the group

"Weird" as in inedible, or in food choices? We travel with my special needs adult daughter, who is very picky about her food. The other 3 of us can make do with anything!

"Weird" as in inedible, or in food choices? We travel with my special needs adult daughter, who is very picky about her food. The other 3 of us can make do with anything!

It was edible - but, and sorry to say this again - "weird". I am pretty adventurous with food so will always try things and it wasn't bad or horrible in any way - but not the kind of "Russian" lunch I was expecting - which day 2 was - that featured a Russian salad, Bortsch Soup and a piece of pork with potatoes and an orange cake.

Day One was a slice of tomato with a cheese and potato salad on top and then a vegetable soup, then a turkey breast with rice and cold pancakes (crepes) with apple sauce :o

It was all edible but somewhat strange!

However - just to let you know - by this time in the cruise you have been eating for 5 days so you definitely wont starve - hahaha!

• 6 months later...