Azura v Britannia- Caribbean Cruise

Eveglos

Hi....always a difficult one deciding when is the best time book...you can get very good late deal prices BUT you can't choose your cabin number so you will probably not end up with a C deck balcony cabin which is what you really want. Select prices were you can choose what you want may come down price...or may not... But flight from your local airport may not be available and all of the balcony cabins on C deck may have all been sold. It's your first cruise so you are going to make a lasting memory....other cruises may follow but your first cruise is " special".

As terrierjohn says if Celebrity is comparable in price...including flight and after factoring in the higher gratuities then I too would choose Celebrity...especially if it includes a drinks package....drinks are pricey on Celebrity.

Hi...I can only comment on balconies on Azura...I have never been on Britannia. If you chose a standard balcony on Azura make sure it is on Deck C....the balconies on that deck are double the size of standard balconies on other decks on Azura....they are really big...half in sun and half in shade. If you do decide to go on Azura and choose one on C deck make sure you make it clear...No Upgrade. Upgrades are not always a true upgrade ...you could easily end up with a smaller balcony and in a worse position. P&O seem to class an upgrade as being on a higher deck which isn't always preferable...

We have only sailed the Azura the once and have now booked it again requesting Deck D. We did so by looking down from our previous balcony above to note that there are two levels of balconies below that protrude out from the hull of the ship. To our understanding Deck D protrudes further out than does Deck C above it by an amount equal to a full balcony. If as you say Deck C balcony exceeds the size of Deck D then the gained space must come at the cost of the cabin size, would it not? The one given is that both Decks C and D afford more sunshine than any of the decks above them as we so learned. Any prying eyes above could only exude the envy we felt looking down on them.

The cabins on D deck are Superior Deluxe and considerably larger than those on C deck, which are just balcony cabins.

Thank you for your clarification. Reviewing the deck plans I see that while C Deck cabins has from 178 sq.ft. to 237 sq. ft., including balcony, D Deck has 317 sq. ft.

From other comments it would seem that the entire and larger balcony of C Deck would be immediately above the interior of the cabin below.

Thank you for your clarification. Reviewing the deck plans I see that while C Deck cabins has from 178 sq.ft. to 237 sq. ft., including balcony, D Deck has 317 sq. ft.

From other comments it would seem that the entire and larger balcony of C Deck would be immediately above the interior of the cabin below.

A picture says a thousand words

Azura. C&D