New Credit System on Pacific Star

Skyrules

I received this information from Carnvial PLC about the new credit folio system on Pacific Star;

Q.Will the new folio system on Pacific Star be the only system available?

Yes, there will only be the on credit card system on board.

Q When a purchase is made using the new system on Pacific Star, will a balance be printed on the receipt (as is the case currently on Pacific Sky & Sun) to allow passengers to keep track of the amount of money spent up to that time.

No Balance will be printed on the receipt, as its all charged at the end if paying by credit card, so you have to go to the pursar for a balance of what you have spent.

So if you're going on Pacific Star, keep track of what you are spending, otherwise you might be in for a bit of a suprise at the end of the cruise.

They didn't answer my question about what happens if you don't have/don't want to use a credit card?

Kym

oh bugger, fancy not printing a balance. Yes I do wonder what happens to the people without cards. I know one of the girls we are travelling with doesn't have a credit card. I guess it is not really any different to a hotel, they don't give you a balance everytime you charge something.

The system on Star should be the same as most of the cruise lines around the world now use.P&O Australia is the only cruise line I have come across where you had to up front with the money.

Under this system they either take an imprint of your card at embarkation,or you go to the pursers office once on board to arrange express ckeckout and there is nothing more to do.

You can ask for your balance at any time from the office and they will print out a statement,and at the end of the cruise you can go to the office and pay over as much cash as you like ,which will be to be credited to your account to either reduce or clear your credit card bill.(They have a cut off point for this though,usually midnight, the night before disembarking so that statements can be printed out and delivered to your cabin .)

At least that's what happens on Princess,P&O(UK) ,Cunard and NCL.

yes this system was in place when we went on Sapphire Princess in March.

What we were advised and done was get your statement every 4-5 days - we were on a 20 day cruise and check to see what had gone on. everything is itemised just like the Sky. We didn't have to use our credit card to pay for it. You could actually put cash on as you went so you could keep track of your money situation. I actually paid cash for part of the way and finalised on the last night with credit therefore not expending credit card too much. We never had any problem. You actually do get a receipt everytime you purchase on board and we just married to the statement.

from memeory I think they did take an imprint of our credit card at time of embarkation but nothing was ever charged without our approval ie signing for something

narelle

Archived