Transport to ship

the kids and me

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some information.

Having not travelled to Sydney in 20 years, im at a loss as to how to get to the ship from the airport, I did read on a post somewhere that someone paid eighty dollars for a taxi. My sister told me that the airport has a train station, so i was hoping that i could us a train to get to the ship. Is this possible??

Stewart

yep, there is a train station at the airport.. about $12 each one way

if your going to wharf 8, get off at wynyard.. if your going to overseas passenger terminal, get off at circular quay.. its only about a 5 min walk to both of these places from the stations

Hi Stewart.

The airport does have a train station now. I would say the closest stastion to the wharf would be town hall or Wynyard

I dont think a taxi would be $80. Maybe only in absolute peak hour.

Probably $40 during normal traffic.

you can use http://www.whereis.com.au to give you some directions.

Hope that helps.

dan

If you are arriving in Sydney on the morning of the cruise, P&O runs a shuttle from the Airport to Darling Harbour Wharf 8. Look out for the driver's holding a P&O Cruises clipboard in the baggage claim area of the domestic terminals. The cost (when we did it in June) was $8 pp. This is much more convienient as it takes you door to door, and usually, if your bags are tagged with the P&O luggage tags, you can put your bags on the bus and you won't see them again until they are brought to your cabin - the driver will drop them at the baggage claim area at Darling Harbour for you.

They'll also be there when you arrive back, to transfer you back to the airport once you clear customs and immigration.

Kym

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some information.

Having not travelled to Sydney in 20 years, im at a loss as to how to get to the ship from the airport, I did read on a post somewhere that someone paid eighty dollars for a taxi. My sister told me that the airport has a train station, so i was hoping that i could us a train to get to the ship. Is this possible??

Stewart

Have caught taxis a few times from the airport and it is usually $30-35. If there is more than one of you I wouldn't recommend the train as it works out more expensive and you still have to get to/from the station.

The P&O shuttles sounds very handy. I had thought they were only for people with P&O flights.

If a taxi tries to charge you $90 then you should report them to the police.

There are also shuttle buses to city hotels, can't remember prices, but they may ne worth investigating. As someone said earlier, a taxi may be the best option. No way should it be $90, that's what I would pay to go to my home from airport which is at castle hill.

I know sydney airport has a web link which shows transport options.

Closest train station is Wynyard, you can catch a taxi to Darling Harbour.

Train price is more expensive as I believe it is privately operated.

Have a look at www.131500.com for fares, timetables, etc for public transport in Sydney.

Have caught taxis a few times from the airport and it is usually $30-35.

If a taxi tries to charge you $90 then you should report them to the police.

Around $30 is what I thought.

Used to be $28 and I would round it off to $30 and thats from the International Terminal.

Do they have a private shuttle service at the domestic?

The shuttle from the International is very good.Sometimes we would use that...$9.00 per head and get a tiki tour of Sydney as it dropped people off at the various Hotels, with Darling Harbour Pier 8 ,usually being the last stop.

The P&O shuttles sounds very handy. I had thought they were only for people with P&O flights.

They take the people who have pre-booked with P&O but they also offer tickets to those who haven't - I guess it's better than going back with a half empty bus, and they probably put the money in their pockets for a beer later, as P&O have already paid for the bus for the pre-booked passengers

Archived