Active AI Day Pass in Cozumel?

WoebysMama

My husband and I will be in Cozumel this month on the Allure of the Seas. Since we will be kid-less for this trip, we'd love to spend the day at an all inclusive.

My husband likes to go, go, go - tennis, snorkel, paddle board, kayak

and I like to lie on the beach, read and sip margaritas all day.

Anything you would recommend that has the best of both worlds?

We like a quieter spot and aren't really into joining the "party" crowd at resorts.

Maya Chan in Costa Maya was right up our alley (best excursion we've done to date).

My husband and I will be in Cozumel this month on the Allure of the Seas. Since we will be kid-less for this trip, we'd love to spend the day at an all inclusive.

My husband likes to go, go, go - tennis, snorkel, paddle board, kayak

and I like to lie on the beach, read and sip margaritas all day.

Anything you would recommend that has the best of both worlds?

We like a quieter spot and aren't really into joining the "party" crowd at resorts.

Maya Chan in Costa Maya was right up our alley (best excursion we've done to date).

I would be inclined to check out some of the AI day passes to a resort hotel - Occidental, Allegra, Sabor etc. Many available through brokers like Cozumel Watersports - you would need to check each individually to see whether your desired amenities are available and whether they are included, or extra.

Otherwise, the regular beach clubs recommended on here such as Sanchos or Paradise Beach (not AI) where amenities are all extra and probably not as quiet. many reviews on here for both.

Nachi Cocom is very quiet and uncrowded; AI for about $55 each and your husband could sign up for their snorkel tour to the reefs. No water toys, etc.

Otherwise I agree with the above - check out Sanchos (AI) and Paradise Beach (pay as you go - $3 admission)

Nachi Cocom is very quiet and uncrowded; AI for about $55 each and your husband could sign up for their snorkel tour to the reefs. No water toys, etc.

Otherwise I agree with the above - check out Sanchos (AI) and Paradise Beach (pay as you go - $3 admission)

Thanks! I had read quite a bit about Nachi Cocom and it looks perfect for me! Just need something to keep hubby busy-snorkeling is a good idea. Do you know if they have kayaks or paddle boards there? I may email them and check...

• 3 months later...
I'm a longtime lurker who just registered today so that I could view some photos of the Occidental Day Pass in Cozumel. So did you book an excursion or did you book a hotel day pass? How was it? Was it nice and quiet?

For this particular hotel we had a land vacation before the take-over by Barcelo. However you can book a day pass through Cozumel Watersports and we have done this previously for the sister hotel Allegra. Occidental is relatively quiet. Be aware there is a long walk from reception to the beach, if mobility is a concern. Also the beach lunch buffet restaurant is closed for inclement weather and it is held near the main hotel which requires a walk there and back.j

I always write directly to the hotel as well when considering day passes, sometimes it is cheaper, sometimes not. Either way you will need to get your own taxi transfer in addition.

We ended up going to Nachi and it was AMAZING. I was totally burnt out on Cozumel and then we visited here and I'm dying to go back!

Beach was beautiful, service was great, drinks were good enough for me (I'm not picky) and food was delicious. Only complaint was that hot tub was not heating the day we were there - but who cares?! All else was fabulous!

We ended up going to Nachi and it was AMAZING. I was totally burnt out on Cozumel and then we visited here and I'm dying to go back!

Beach was beautiful, service was great, drinks were good enough for me (I'm not picky) and food was delicious. Only complaint was that hot tub was not heating the day we were there - but who cares?! All else was fabulous!

Glad you and your husband enjoyed your day.

I think you will find from various reviews over the years the “hot” tub is never heated!