Please lift Herman up.....

Martita B.

Sailor's, our dear, dear friend Herman D. is in Germany for cancer treatments. Please remember him this week and lift him up.

"Love bears all things, believes all things......hopes all things. Endures all things. Love never fails."

He loves Seabourn.....his first voyage was in 1990. A Transatlantic from London to New York, sailing 9 days. A true "Bluewater Sailor!"

Martita

Jeff and I met Herman on the plane traveling to Barbados. I immediately took to him. When we told him it was our first Seabourn cruise, well, it was as if he took us under his wing. He told us about "martha", who after he told us stories, we couldn't wait to meet her. We had SO MUCH FUN with Herman, Martha, Dudley, Lou, Jane, Patrick, Rich, Tony, Kevin, and more. We want all to do another Seabourn together! Please let's all pray for Herman!!

Herman D. is one of our favorite's.......as well as the Crew's on all the Seabourn ships! He is always so kind to not only the Guest's, but to every Crew member.........he gives so freely to the Crew fund always and knows each of their names and the location of their homes. If ever there is to be a "King of Seabourn", it would be Herman D.

Today he will receive the "immune" treatments in Germany......we'll lift him up and keep him close to our hearts.

This is the seaon for miracles!

Martita

As we keep Herman in our prayers we remember him, as always, sitting out on the Verandah with his very chic cigarette holder and his coffee being served from his own coffee press. Stylish, classy, the Seabourn Way--the Only Way! Champagne wishes, caviar dreams, and endless Seabourn cruises for all of us! Happiest and healthiest of New Years dear friends!

adolfo, I don't think you've met Herman. We have sailed many times together, but he's not been on our "Three Day Ny-NY" cruise. He HAS booked for our upcoming Sept. Three Day.........he is absolutely a delight and always so much fun!(we are kindred spirits) He has hosted a cocktail and dinner party for several years the evening before we board for the March Pride Crossing. He has a beautiful condo that overlooks the ocean near Ft. Lauderdale.......he calls it "The NORTH Seabourn Club." Usually about 10 or so of us gather for cocktails, then go to Charlie's Crab for "lobster on the terrace/deck." Hopefully we'll all be together soon.

Hope you and Missy A. are enjoying your holidays!

Happy, happy New Year!

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor's~~~again, please keep Herman in your hearts today and lift him up. He is gravely ill in Germany.

Aboard the Pride in Dec., it was Herman that suggested to a few of us, we host a "Three King's Day" party for all the Crew. We "pooled" our monies and the party was held night before last.......Marius (the ship photograher) was to take pictures and e-mail them to me. If Norm can "post" a few, I'll ask him to do so.

Our Herman IS "Mr. Seabourn".........and is loved by so many. Officer's, Staff, Crew and guests love to hear him laughing, while indeed looking so handsome and like a movie star, with his Dunhill cigarette holder and his "Early Bird" cup of fresh brewed galley bouillon.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for........but while we're here we might as well dance!"............like Herman has.

Martita

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Seabourn Sailor's~~~~

Our beloved Herman made his ascension yesterday, Jan. 27th, in Zurich Switzerland. While we are mourning our loss of Herman, many other's are rejoicing to meet and be with him behind the veil. Herman is a "keepsake" and we shall keep him perfect......his amazing light will shine thru' us and his "tide will never go out!"

We'll get through this together.

Martita

We have never met Herman as our cruise on Seabourn Legend in April will be our first Seabourn Cruise.

I have been very touched by the postings on this thread and can't wait to join such a compassionate Seabourn family.

Our thoughts are with Herman and his family at this sad time.

cruisebunny~~~thank you for your kind post. You will be amazed at the sincere love and concern that the Seabourn Sailor's have for one another. Yes, it is a true "ex-tended family." Both guests and Officer's/Staff/Crew.

Herman was an only child and had few blood relatives. We were his family. As he had enjoyed over 50 Seabourn sailings, we refer to him as "Mr. Seabourn"......

It's comforting to know that he will always remain as such.

Thank you again......you are one of us now.

MB

Peace is Herman's...prayers to you & all his Seabourn family.

May all your joyous memories comfort all of you at this time.

Someone gave me a writing recently after my Aunt passed away. I'll paraphrase.....death is like a ship sailing towards the horizon...the further away from you it sails it appears smaller & at the same time the ship is looming larger on the other side as it is being watched by "someone" else.

I never met Herman of course ...but the joy to know of his being & the happiness he shared! That is quite a legacy.

Archived