legend 27th march transatlantic any one going??

seabourndt

am booking legend. my fave cruiseeline SEABOURN i was on seabourn pride in 98 st thomas-miami after seeing SPEED 2!!! I KNOW NOT IMPRESSEED ONBOARD ME MENTIONING THIS.

LOOKKING FORWARD TO A RELAXING SEA DAYS. ANYONE DONE TRANSATLANTIC BEFORE???

DAVID

We will also be on the cruise, with some friends. Originally, our plans were to join the festivities of the Pride (Martha throws one heck of a party!), but we changed because we planned to stay on for the next 10-day segment on the Legend. Now, we may have to contract our vacation time, so I'm curious if anyone is staying on in Lisbon, and if so, at which hotel. Also, Matt, did you find a pre-hotel in the VI?

Regards,

Denyse

Hi Denyse, I was just looking at the hotels in St Thomas - not much choice actually :rolleyes: I got a really good Club class airfare on British Airways booked back from Lisbon, but I have yet to book the flight to St Thomas (esp with all of the US airlines issues). We are staying on in Lisbon for several days and I am checking into various resorts in the Cascais (sp?) area.

My goal is to have all hotels and flights done in by next weekend. I'll let you know what I end up booking. How about you?

Hi Matt,

I haven't done any of my bookings yet. From San Francisco, getting to St. Thomas is a 2-day affair (it's easier to get to Paris!), so we are likely to fly to NY first, spend a couple of days with friends, and then fly on to STT. We also plan to stay a few days in Lisbon, but again, I haven't booked anything yet (I even pack at the last minute!!!).

Friends have recommended the Metropole in LIsbon, but I am open to other suggestions. Have you been following the decline of the dollar against the Euro? It's likely to be worth a nickel at this rate!

BTW, you will love Seabourn. We have done 7 sailings on Seabourn (this will be #8), anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks in duration, and have only the best things to say about the line. The most difficult part of the cruise is re-entry back home!

Denyse

Matt, it isn't so much procrastination as the fact that we have packed so many times, we know what to bring and can do it in our sleep! Additionally, the dry cleaning and laundry service is excellent onboard, so we don't pack huge cases. We pretty much have it down to a science, and it goes relatively quickly. Unpacking upon return, OTOH, is the bigger chore, as there is always more to bring back than what we started with!

Please let me know what you come up with as far as hotel recommendations, both pre and post cruise, and if anyone else has a LISBON hotel recommendation, I'd love to hear it.

As for air, we'll probably fly Continental, and use miles to upgrade to first class, although sometimes they run specials on the purchase of first-class tickets. Also, AMEX Platinum card alows us to use their Presidents Club Lounge, which is a nice amenity when flying from so far, and when it takes so many connections to get to there and back.

BTW, I understand that the timeframe we are in STT is spring break, so likely we will fly out of NY that same morning, after spending a few days there with friends. It also helps to break up the trip.

Regards,

Denyse

Hi Matt.

We have booked Hotel 1829 for two nights prior to our our cruise from St Thomas. Do not know what it is like,found it on the web, but we have all got our fingers crossed. We fly from Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami and then Miami to St Thomas, so I don't suppose we will take any notice of what the hotel is like, we will just sleep!!!! We have booked the week before the transatlantic and the transatlantic, did not even give Easter a thought, but looks like we did the right thing! We will be completely chilled out by the time you join us so should be easy to recognise! We will be the ones laid on a sunbed on deck 5. while you are all dressed up in your fancy orange waistcoats!!!

Cannot wait, the diet is beginning ( have said that since 2nd Jan), we will see you around the ship, with THE most fantastic Captain at sea. Do not worry, you will easily recognise us, we are the ones with absolutely NO CLASS as we are doing the transatlantic AND a Caribbean cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

This looks like a fantastic trip. Is your mom going as well? Say hello for me.

We had a wonderful time on the NCL Dawn over New Year's and Dad really enjoyed his first cruise. Our only complaint would have to be the size of the ship--great if you want a lot of exercise walking:rolleyes: .

Hi Marianne!

Yes my mom is going and we are both in need of the trip, trust me!

I heard the Dawn is awesome and I am glad your dad could go!!! :)

Say hi to Norm!!

PS I still use the story of you "losing" your necklace in Lima Peru.

Matt--I can't wait to get your "take" on the Legend. The story of my necklace has become a great story for us to "dine out on" as well. BTW, we are taking two of our grandsons on an Amazon river boat trip this summer. Since i have had to get a new passport, I don't have a problem but, since Norm's will show a Peru stamp, he must have a certificate proveing he has had a Yellow fever vaccination.

Archived