Hangers

alexieb

I would do that, but believe it or not, I can't find wire hangers.

"NO WIRE HANGERS!" :p Even at the dollar store they only sell the bulky plastic ones. Any suggestions on where I can score some?

Yes, they're hard to find. Try a dry cleaner's. They may sell you some cheaply or just give them to you. And, yes, you can give more hangers on board, but it usually takes a long time since the stewards are usually really busy that first day. I take my own so I get unpacked and be done with it. Hope you find some.

I pack each of my evening outfits on a wire hanger, covering each one separately with a dry cleaning bag (I save 'em up, but the cleaners will also sell you some). None of my clothes wrinkle that way, and unpacking is incredibly quick as well. I leave the hangers there for the trip home. It's like killing 3 birds with 1 stone (oh, what a horrible saying!).

I would do that, but believe it or not, I can't find wire hangers.

"NO WIRE HANGERS!" :p Even at the dollar store they only sell the bulky plastic ones. Any suggestions on where I can score some?

Try Goodwill or a local Senior Citizen's store.

Since I normally have more room in my suitcase going than coming, for my last cruise, and the one coming up... I buy a dozen or so of the plastic ones, take them out.. then just leave them when I leave.. gives me more room in my suitcase coming home and helps the next person in the room... Plus you can find those at the dollar store easily. I don't like wire hangers!!!

OK guys,

I have also left the odd hanger or two behind. Now the question that comes to mind is has anyone ever had extra hangers, wire or plastic or whatever, in the closet when they get there? I haven't.:confused:

OK guys,

I have also left the odd hanger or two behind. Now the question that comes to mind is has anyone ever had extra hangers, wire or plastic or whatever, in the closet when they get there? I haven't.:confused:

Our steward on Caribbean Princess said they pitch them. Not allowed to leave for the next passengers. Don't know about other ships or cruiselines, but I imagine it is the same thing cause I have never seen any either.

Archived