Cabin occupancy

My husband and I have booked a Feb 2014 cruise on the Carnival Sunshine. We will be going with friends and are wanting to have the cabins next to each other. My question is if we book a cabin that can sleep 4 but it is just my husband and me in the room, in the event the ship is selling out, is it possible that Carnival may move us or request us to change cabins to a cabin that is for 2 so that a party of 4 can the cabin we booked?

We cannot seem to get confirmation on this from Carnival, some reps warn us that we can be moved some advise that Carnival will request us to move and we would not have to move. I would hate to have our cabin booked only to be moved somewhere less desirable as the date of the cruise approaches. However, we are on the 6th deck and would like to move up to 7 with balcony. Has anyone had to deal with this?

Thanks.

If you are moved, they will never move you to a "lesser" cabin catagory....but the move might not be an upgrade in your eyes!

Generally, they will not move you....so I wouldn't worry about that. You can always put "No Upgrade" onto your reservation.

If you want deck 7, book deck 7!

Thank you for the information. I thought as much, but with several reps giving us different information we didn't want to finally book a room only to be told later that we have to move. Unfortunately, I see that the room on Deck 7 is no longer available. I guess we will stay with room 6184 on the Sunshine.

yes, you can be moved. you could get a cabin in a very noisy area.

i would look to see about moving now while you have choices. you will not see all that is available online. calling and talkmto an agent will give'you different options

Archived