MSC newbie...info on Meraviglia (and Duplex Suite) appreciated!

CelebrationFamily

I'm a cruise veteran (Celebrity, HAL, RCCL, DCL,) but new to MSC. I've read the reviews and I'll admit it, I'm scared to try MSC. I'm hoping my post will encourage honest comments and input to help me plan my trip and embark informed about what lies ahead.

We'll be in Barcelona in March and decided to add a Med cruise. MSC is the only itinerary that works for us. I love the cruise status match (hello Black Voyager's Club!) and the stateroom prices really can't be beat. My plan is to sail with my expectations firmly in check...amazing itinerary, clean and safe ship and comfortable accommodations with adequate food selections. It's a port intensive cruise, so onboard entertainment is a secondary concern. I've booked a Duplex Suite for myself, my husband and our teen son. We're keeping the suite a surprise for him. There's not a ton of info on the stateroom...worth the price? Nice amenities above and beyond a regular balcony cabin? Deck 12 forward a decent location on this ship? Would the less expensive balcony cabin in the Yacht Club provide a better experience (dining, concierge, etc.) Any must do's on the ship or in port?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. All input is welcomed and appreciated. Have a great day. Happy Sailing fellow cruisers! :)

I found several videos on YouTube while doing research of Duplex Suites on MSC Meraviglia. I am sailing on MSC Bellissima but since the ship is under construction the information about the sister ship Meraviglia is very helpful.

Link:

Link:

I really like the floorplan and layout of the Duplex Suite but at the end switched to a Yacht Club Balcony stateroom

after getting much appreciated feedback from experienced members on CC.