New to forum

pommiepom

Hi All,

I have been lurking around for awhile and finally deceided to place a post. We are booked on the Pacific Sun.

Paradise Gateway 9th June 2006.

Cant wait to go on another cruise, i reackon they are the best holiday you can have.

Welcome to the boards Pom. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them. There is usually someone who has the answer!!

How many cruises have you been on? What do you like best about them. I love the fact that you unpack once, see multiple islands, you meet a different group of people each cruise and all your accom, food and entertainment is included in one low cost of about $120 per day!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

HI Pom

WELCOME! I can remember when I came on these boards and everyone was so very welcoming. That was only in October last year. I got so much information from the lovely people here as it was my families first cruise! It made me feel great knowing that others had done the cruising before me and calmed me when I was nervous about the ship sinking...lol..

I had always been afraid of cruising,ships and drowning but now that I have done it I am addicted as well as being addicted to the boards when time permits.

Enjoy!

Thankyou all for the welcome,

I have been on afew cruises before, Fair Princess 3times, Pacifc Sky 3times, Pacific Sun once.

I love the fact that you can do nothing at all or be totally involved. You also meet so many people.

I also like the fact that just about everything is paid for before you go.

Not to mention the lovely islands we go to..

A very warm welcome from me too. Like Truebliss i was amazed at the wealth of information here on these boards. It didnt matter how minor or crazy the question someone always had an answer.

have fun here

karon(another pom but been here since 79)

Welcome Pommiepom,with all those cruises under your belt theres probably not a lot you need to know,but its nice to pass the time with others who go before you and share their excitement. Also you will be able to offer your input to other newbies :)

Hi Chook & CRU1S3N QU33N,

Welcome to the boards. I agree these boards are great. Just be careful they are also very addictive!! If you have any specific (or general) questions just start a thread or add to one already in existance and I am sure that someone online will be able to help.

How did you guys find out about CC?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

WOO HOO only 4 more sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!

Hi Chaz Cruiser

Just started following links, started out trying to find out more about where the pacific star is berthed in Brisbane to start organising our pre cruise accomodation this morning and found this forum around mid morning and I'm still here.

chook63

Hi Chaz Cruiser

Just started following links, started out trying to find out more about where the pacific star is berthed in Brisbane to start organising our pre cruise accomodation this morning and found this forum around mid morning and I'm still here.

chook63

Hi Chook 63..... Welcome to the board!

In answer to your question about where Pacific Star will be berthed - the answer is - it will depend!

A sparkling new cruise passenger terminal is being constructed at the moment and is due to open "in the second half of 2006" - that's the best date we Brisbane cruisers have been given. This will be on the Brisbane River at Hamilton.

Until this is completed, Pacific Star is using a temporary cruise terminal facility at a freight wharf in Pinkenba. Because of security and logistical reasons, while the temporary facility is being used passengers check in at the Roma St Transit Centre in the heart of the CBD, and are bused out to the terminal to go through customs & immingration and pre boarding processes out there.

If this is still the case when you cruise, and it probably will be the rate the construction of the new terminal is going, the Holiday Inn in Roma St Brisbane is the ideal place to stay as it is a part of the Roma St Transit Centre, and you would only have to move to another part of the building to check in for the cruise.

If however the new terminal is in use by then, there is accomodation available on Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton, close to where the new terminal is being built.

Kym

Archived