Need some info. re: day rooms on Tahiti

mlbcruiser

Can anyone recommend any hotels that would be good places to get a day room on Tahiti? We'd like someplace clean w/hopefully a nice atmosphere to hang out at. We want to share one w/our friends so we can relax a bit as our flight doesn't leave until nearly midnight. I've read rooms at nice places can be had for $100, and also that they are more like $180 or so. Any suggestions?

More questions: What time do they allow you to check in for the day and how late are you allowed to stay? Would it be foolhardy to wait until we are there and can really decide if we think we will need to have a hotel room or not, or would we likely not find anything available? (It will be mid-Sept. when we'd need the hotel room.)

Thanks for any help! :)

I would book it before you leave as September is a popular month, especially as the weather is so lovely then.

Usually for a day room check in time is 2pm and check out is 6pm but sometimes you can have it extended for a small fee.

We stayed at Le Meridien before the cruise for 3 nights and then returned for a day room but as our flight did not go until 6am we were able to extend the room until we left for the airport at 3.30m and we were able to go to bed for awhile. I think it cost us around $150US for the use of the room.

I would choose a hotel that has a beach, as Papeete itself has not much to offer, especially if you on the Tahitian Princess, as you have had a couple of days there before sailing. The Sheraton, Intercontinental, Le Meridien and the new Marriott are all on water or have a pool so you can relax and enjoy the surroundings.

Jennie

Glad I asked this question! Since we'll be getting off the ship in the morning, 2 p.m. seems a bit later than what we had in mind. :( Guess if the hotels are full they have to clean the rooms, etc., but I also just thought they'd have a few empty ones people could get into early. We had certainly better ask them before making a reservation! Thanks a bunch for the info!

You don't mention which ship you will be sailing on. If you are on the Tahitian Princess you don't need to hurry off. You do not need to leave your cabin until 11am. Once we left our cabin we then took our carry on luggage up to Sabatini's Restaurant and left it there until after we had lunch.

We caught a taxi out to Le Meridien around 1pm and our room was ready when we arrived. It is very civilized.

Jennie

Hi there,

We are heading to Tahiti in October and will be arriving early in the am (5am) so we booked a day room for 6 hours at the sheraton starting when we get to the hotel. So don't worry there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to checking in. In fact the hotels have different rates for a 6 hour room or a 12 hours room.

We got the rate of $90 for a 6 hour rental! good luck

I really appreciate info about this. We will be staying one night post cruise, but would like to have a day room until or flight leaves. I'm thinking that a pool is a must. Other hotel experience?

Archived