FP email problems

MVPinBoynton

Has anyone else been having problems sending emails to French Polynesia? I have been sending emails to ***.mail.pf and all of them have been returned. The reason is that the mail.pf host can't be found, which seems like an ISP problem. This has been going on for several days, so I thought I would just check to see if others are having the same problem; or if this has been a problem in the past.

Mike,

I remember I had problems sending emails and I got in touch with Tahiti Traveler who often posts on this board. I think she rang the people I was trying to deal with and finally I received an answer.

Even dealing with Le Meridien, I had to sometimes resend the emails to them. Remember, Tahiti is paradise so often things do not work as well as in our big cities.

Jennie

Thank you Jennie. I had been sending the emails at night, so I tried again this morning and it looks as though 2 of the 3 might have gotten through. The 3rd one had an overquota message, which is much better. I was assuming that FP could have ISP problems, but had not read about it. Now that you have confirmed that it is a common problem, I won't worry about it and just keep resending.

I understand (think I read it somewhere on ccritic) that it is a problem in Tahiti and FP with the Telephone Lines and Connections. In this 3rd-world country, they are not the most moderne. :mad:

On the Little Princess (my Laptop, which sank about a month ago), I had No problem with e-mails to and from. That ended about the 13th of July, when 43 viruses and 250 spy programs were found by my Computer Geek friend. When I got it back, all of my Outlook Express e-mail had disappeared. :eek:

I now have installed AVG antivirus as well as Spybot on both the Little Princess and the Grand Princess. I now have the Grand Princess (from Fry's Electronics in Burbank) with Windows XP and still trying to learn to navigate and pilot her. I bought Windows XP for Dummies and, by serendipity last night, taught myself to navigate to the Choosing Cookies (or not) port in my Control Panel. :)

I had been trying to set up car rentals as well as shorex with Alberts. He just never answers e-mail. I have sent him many. How did you get ahold of Albert's Tours? Or did you go through Marama or Moana? Both Tour Operators use him, I understand. Since the OE went down with the ship, I don't know what the address was that I used for him (one of those .pf thingies).

At what address did you mail to receive an answer from Alberts Tours?

I like your website - very nicely done. Thanks for your help.

Archived