Is There A One-Way Cruise To Hawaii From West Coast?

marlowe

I did a one-way Hawaiian cruise from San Diego on Carnival. Don't know if they still offer that itinerary. We made a service stop in Ensenada and that counted as our foreign port. Didn't go near Vancouver.

Roz

broberts: Read the above post -

A) it referred to a one way Hawaiian cruise from San Diego, (the cruise sailed from Ensenada),

B) it referred to a service stop in Ensenada - an unusual way to referring to getting off a bus and getting on a ship.

C) it referred to Ensenada as our “foreign port” - which is not in the context of a sailing from San Diego to Hawaii.

I suppose if you bought a package deal of air from Omaha to the port of Miami and then a T/A repositioning to Rome, you would call it a one way cruise from Omaha to Rome.

I'm not making this up, and there was nothing illegal about it. How could I "mis-remember" this and think it was a one-way when it was a roundtrip? I distinctly remember flying to San Diego to check in, and then flying home from Honolulu.

I don't have dementia or Alzheimer's.

Roz

Since my use of the term 'mis-remember' seems to have caused you offence, I apologise. It was not meant as an accusation of your mental faculties being inadequate. Unless you have a truly photographic memory then quite simply you can and will fail to remember things, conflate multiple similar experiences, and make many other memory errors in your lifetime like virtually all human beings. I know I do.

Since you did go on to clarify that it was one of the fake one-way cruises with a bus to Ensenada - and to be blunt, you did mis-describe Ensenada as a 'service stop' when it was no such thing for you but in fact your port of embarkation - your statement about it being a one-way cruise from San Diego was indeed incorrect.

A one-way trip from San Diego, absolutely yes, and I can completely believe it was even sold as being a 'cruise from San Diego' by Carnival, but I hope you can appreciate why I and others were trying to clarify your post for the OP as what you first wrote was, and still is, illegal so did not and would not happen as originally described. Cruises from Vancouver are the only practical one-way Hawaii itineraries at this time that meet OPs original request about West Coast to Hawaii cruising.

Then explain to me what DID happen. I was the one on the cruise, yet most of the respondents here seem to know the itinerary better than I do. The worse was my mental faculties being questioned...memory problems?

All people were telling you is that you did not board in San Diego and disembark in Honolulu because that would be illegal for the cruise line to allow. Initially I don’t think many people knew what your itinerary was. Just that that did not happen. No one questioned your mental facilities and the issue is been cleared up since you clarified that you embarked the cruise in Mexico. No need to get offended.

I didn't imagine my Hawaiian cruise. It was on the Carnival Spirit around 2007. We checked in at the San Diego cruise terminal and handed over our bags to the porters. The bags were put on the ship and we were put on Mexican buses and taken over the border to Ensenada. When we got there the Spirit was waiting for us, and we boarded the ship and sailed across the Pacific to Hawaii. There was no stop at anything called Fanning Island.

I'm not making this up, and there was nothing illegal about it. How could I "mis-remember" this and think it was a one-way when it was a roundtrip? I distinctly remember flying to San Diego to check in, and then flying home from Honolulu.

I don't have dementia or Alzheimer's.

Roz

So your cruise was not from a West Coast US city to HI but was from Mexico to Hawaii. You did not stop in Ensenada, you departed from Ensenada.

My husband and I want to cruise to Hawaii and fly back home. Is there such a thing as a one-way cruise to Hawaii?

We did it on the Celebrity Solstice from Vancouver BC and flew home. It was a 10 or 11 day cruise.

Carmen

My parents did this one-way to Hawaii cruise from SD about a dozen years ago. Obviously, the initial bus ride was for PVSA compliance, but it was pitched as SD to HI. SD was where all pax checked in.

Some people can't get on without being certain everyone else believes they're right and will be annoying and wear others down to that end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk