Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise - oceam views , cocktails & people watching

Lorain1

We will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale middle of April and staying at the Embassy Suites because of their Miami shuttle pkg. Would like suggestion on were to go foe enjoying beach views while having snacks and cocktails in the afternoon. I was thinking perhaps the Ritz would be a good choice because of their great locations. Thank you

Sorry about that - its ocean views not oceam!

I like S3 at the Hilton FLL Beach better than Burlock Coast at The RC. The other option for the Ritz is the pool bar but it is six or so floors above any people watching.

S3 is really cool, love the bar or banquets in front of the fire places. Great sushi.

Thanks Keith!

Just thought of something, if you feel like slumming with the rest of us locals, Blondies is the BEST place to people watch. You can get a bucket of beer and sit right at one of the tables on the sidewalk.

Much nicer with the same views would be Spazio. Ask for a sidewalk table.

While I love Elbo Room, it is also a little divey. Same for Rok Bar. Even though Blondies is worse, it's just so local.

I also agree with the BlueHerons idea.

We spent several nights in the Lauderdale Beach area in late February and the most action was between Elbo Room and Drunken Taco!

Here is my personal opinion:

You could start at Bubba Gump (because it is easy to remember and they have sidewalk tables) then stroll north and find a place you like (with an open sidewalk table which is not always easy - you may have to settle for a first available instead of "the best").

Ocean Bleau (sit at ground-level or upstairs at the bar for a better view)

Boccaccino (a bit more civil!)

A block further and the action starts with Elbo Room where the crowds can spill into the street with police trying to manage things! Pick your poison from here northwards....we liked the cushioned seating at several of these:

- Spazio

- Blondies

- Tsukuro

- Sangria

- Rock Bar

- Ibiza

- Drunken Taco (probably not)

and maybe walk to H20 but I would not venture further as the crowds begin to thin out.

DO BE AWARE:

- Check drink prices before ordering and beware of 2-for-one drink specials without checking the prices!

- Some places add a 20-25% tip to your bill - do not tip double!

- If you show up for happy hour do not be too picky because sidewalk tables are in high demand.

Edited by SteerageJoe