Chocolate Factory?

Pyxie

When we were in Belize previously, my son saw a sign in port for a chocolate factory tour where you learn how chocolate is made and then get to make your own chocolate bar. He said that he’d want to do that next time we’re in Belize and we just booked a cruise that goes there again next year.

I don’t see anything under the cruise ship excursions for this so is anyone familiar with it? Has anyone done it and does it seem like something kids would enjoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were in Belize previously, my son saw a sign in port for a chocolate factory tour where you learn how chocolate is made and then get to make your own chocolate bar. He said that he’d want to do that next time we’re in Belize and we just booked a cruise that goes there again next year.

I don’t see anything under the cruise ship excursions for this so is anyone familiar with it? Has anyone done it and does it seem like something kids would enjoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Google lamanai chocolate tour

It's on the tender pier. You do the tour there. They take you back and walk you through a little exhibit of the process. Shop connected is small and IMO prices are a tad high. Do this right before you catch your return tender or eat what you buy right there.

• 3 months later...
This tour is less than 15 minutes long, the chocolate was horrible in my opinion, very very bitter. The tour is right there in the port. Come off the tender turn left towards the Diamond shop and it is on the right hand side.

I know your comment is meant to be humorous but some may not realize it. Here is a recipe for how the Maya drank it. chocolate, mayan style. Remove the shells and grind the seeds into a fine paste. Mix paste with water, chili peppers, and cornmeal. Pour the resulting concoction back and forth from pot to cup until frothy foam develops on top.