Booking next cruise while sailing

hummer88

For anyone who has sailed already, do they offer a bonus if you book your next cruise while on board?

If so what is the incentive?

If you do book onboard, are you able to transfer the booking to your travel agent back home or do you have to deal with their customer service department afterwards?

Yes, my hubby and I booked while on cruise as far as a year out. Yes, we were able to make changes a couple of times. $100 to hold a cruise vs. $450 to $500 each is nice. However, of course your balance is higher. and yes, your agent can have it assigned to them.

This is a bonus for customers from USA, we have enquiries about booking whilst on board this week and we would have had to pay a 25% deposit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to be convinced of the benefit of booking a future cruise onboard. I've just booked a cruise for 2019 today - I'll be on Splendida in 5 weeks time and never considered waiting 'til onboard to book.

Some of the other US lines are a bit more flexible making the benefit more attractive. With NCL, you don't need to pick any particular sailing, you just need to sail within 5 years. You purchase a 'next cruise' certificate and then apply it to the lowest fare you can find. This works for me, as I rarely book before 60 days of sailing so I can get the benefit of both 'next cruise' certs and deeply discounted cabins.

We booked our Seaside cruise for this coming June while we were on our Divina cruise in July last year . They offered us a $99 per person deposit , $150 OBC , the 12 drink vouchers for the Fantastica experience and the Free Meal Time drinks package plus the Surfer Internet package . We thought this was quite a deal and are really looking forward to sailing on the Seaside !