Youth Program

Hi all! This is our 6th cruise, but the first with our kids, ages 8 and 10. I'm wondering how strict RCL is with age limits in the youth programs. We are cruising Vision of the Seas in April with our boys, who happen to be great friends. The age groups in the program are 6-8 yrs old and 9-11 yrs old. Although they don't fall into the same age group, our travel agent said they may make an exception and put our boys together. Does anyone have experience with this? We inquired on our last cruise and also when we made our final payment for this trip and both times we were told we would have to wait and see. While we plan on spending plenty of quality time with our boys on this trip, we would look forward to some adult only time, too.

Hi all! This is our 6th cruise, but the first with our kids, ages 8 and 10. I'm wondering how strict RCL is with age limits in the youth programs. We are cruising Vision of the Seas in April with our boys, who happen to be great friends. The age groups in the program are 6-8 yrs old and 9-11 yrs old. Although they don't fall into the same age group, our travel agent said they may make an exception and put our boys together. Does anyone have experience with this? We inquired on our last cruise and also when we made our final payment for this trip and both times we were told we would have to wait and see. While we plan on spending plenty of quality time with our boys on this trip, we would look forward to some adult only time, too.

You were told correctly, you will have to wait and see. It all depends on how many children are in each age group.

They are more likely to move the older child DOWN, than to move the younger child up. And, as said, many times, they will be doing the same things at the same time.

After all...they aren't in the same class in school...and they do fine, I bet! Same on the ship.

They are more likely to move the older child DOWN, than to move the younger child up. And, as said, many times, they will be doing the same things at the same time.

After all...they aren't in the same class in school...and they do fine, I bet! Same on the ship.

You are correct. For our 4 kids they always moved the older one down. Also if there are few kids on board they might tend to merge age groups. Last time on oasis not the case. 800 kids on board! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sailing 'off season'? If so, the 6-8 and 9-11 are usually together for most of the day from my experience. When there are not many kids those two groups end up together.

We are sailing on April 2nd, so spring break. I'm ok either way, I just want to prepare them. My youngest won't care, but being separated will be tough on my oldest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums