$10 for Turkey

Christmas hasnt come early,we will be leaving from Turkey on the celebration but getting off in Eygpt,will we have to pay this and is it dollars or pounds,as web site says new $10 needed :confused::confused::)

Christmas hasnt come early,we will be leaving from Turkey on the celebration but getting off in Eygpt,will we have to pay this and is it dollars or pounds,as web site says new $10 needed :confused::confused::)

I don't understand!! Have to pay what, for what?:):):confused:

Jan

Do you mean the visa for entry into Turkey? If so you don't need one if you are on a cruise as you are classed as 'in transit'. At the airport there are 2 passport controls, one for Thomson cruise passengers and one for other entrants. These people have to buy a visa and it costs £10. We stayed on at a hotel after our cruise and bought the visa on board, it went on our account and came back already in our passports. Can't help about Egypt I'm afraid. Hope that helps.:):)

Jan

Thank you ,that makes it clearer:):):)

You're welcome. Have a nice holiday, you don't have to worry about forgetting anything like the above as Thomsons run a well oiled machine on the cruises.:):)

Jan

Do you mean the visa for entry into Turkey? If so you don't need one if you are on a cruise as you are classed as 'in transit'. At the airport there are 2 passport controls, one for Thomson cruise passengers and one for other entrants. These people have to buy a visa and it costs £10. We stayed on at a hotel after our cruise and bought the visa on board, it went on our account and came back already in our passports. Can't help about Egypt I'm afraid. Hope that helps.:):)

Jan

Cruise passengers do not need a visa for Egypt . If staying in Sharm El Sheikh a visa is only needed if you intend to travel outside the Sinai, eg. trip to Cairo or Luxor or Ras Mohammed. No visa required to visit St. Catherines Monastery.

What about the entry fee if you are doing cruise & stay ? Meaning we will arrive in Turkey as cruise passengers, but after the weeks cruise we will be staying in Marmaris for the week - so I'm wondering if the fee will be applicabe ?

What about the entry fee if you are doing cruise & stay ? Meaning we will arrive in Turkey as cruise passengers, but after the weeks cruise we will be staying in Marmaris for the week - so I'm wondering if the fee will be applicabe ?

Yes it is applicable, see my post above. Post 4 :):)

Jan

Doh !!! oh yes, sorry

You're not alone, I've been brain dead for a week now.:eek: I think it's this heavy grey weather we've had here, I missed the summer when we went on holiday and I'm not happy!! lol.:)

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

My T.A. told me today that they'd recently had a memo to say that cruise passengers were now also required to pay the £10 p.p. visa fee. ( 2 x £10 new pound notes - not a £20 for two people!!!!)

As several posters have said, they hadn't been charging cruise passengers before but that the rules had changed and that Thomson were now telling the agents to tell customers that the visa charge was being applied. Clearly the authorities have seen the opportunity to cash in! :(

My T.A. told me today that they'd recently had a memo to say that cruise passengers were now also required to pay the £10 p.p. visa fee. ( 2 x £10 new pound notes - not a £20 for two people!!!!)

As several posters have said, they hadn't been charging cruise passengers before but that the rules had changed and that Thomson were now telling the agents to tell customers that the visa charge was being applied. Clearly the authorities have seen the opportunity to cash in! :(

Hi Kruzseeker, I'd double check that with Thomson, just to be on the safe side, as my travel agent told me a never ending stream of rubbish on every subject before our last cruise. One reason that we'll internet book next time. It seems a strange time of year to change things, we got back 5th July, perhaps other posters can update us.:):)

Jan

Archived