Bars on Mariner OTS

swinny123

I’m going on Mariner in April and just wondered if there was a champagne/ R Bar or a Vintages......not clear on the RCCI website.

Thanks in advance [emoji3][emoji898][emoji485]

There used to be a Vintages on the Royal Promenade on deck 5, but I believe they put a retail venue in there when they Asianized the ship. Same with the Champagne Bar. Looks like Boleros is still there. I would not expect them to make major changes prior to the dry dock in May.

There used to be a Vintages on the Royal Promenade on deck 5, but I believe they put a retail venue in there when they Asianized the ship. Same with the Champagne Bar. Looks like Boleros is still there. I would not expect them to make major changes prior to the dry dock in May.

Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...

That is interesting, as I have heard the opposite. The dry dock, in addition to updating and adding some new features, will seek to "Americanize" the ship again, which means more bars/restaurants, and less shopping. While not announced, I have a feeling both Vintages and the Champagne bar, or some form of a wine bar and wine/cocktail lounge will be back in those locations.

It looks like Playmakers (sports bar), an English Pub, and The Bamboo Room will be added to deck 5 in dry dock.

Its funny VIntages is hit and miss, some people really like it and others don't. The change to something else in the North American market is probably a calculation that Royal has done over and over(Indy too?)

Its funny VIntages is hit and miss, some people really like it and others don't. The change to something else in the North American market is probably a calculation that Royal has done over and over(Indy too?)

It is funny. On my two Indy cruises, the crowds were completely different at Vintages. First one, completely dead. Second, very crowded in the 5pm-9pm range, decent crowds other times. They are not changing Vintages during the upcoming dry dock on Indy.

As Bob said, they are Americanizing Mariner after it being an Asian market. The Promenade is currently retail shop heavy, the bars being added at dry dock are taking over shop space.

Isn’t there already an English Pub on Mariner?

I can't speak from experience, but the current deck plans have retail shops where you usually see bars on similar ships on the Promenade.

I can't speak from experience, but the current deck plans have retail shops where you usually see bars on similar ships on the Promenade.

If you search around and look at some of the cruise daily's, there British Pub is still featured, it is called Wig and Gavel Pub.