Koningsdam A cat Cabin Assignment - Is it an Upgrade or Better?

Love to Sea

Booked a B cat guarantee for a great price. If I understand correctly, the only advantage of B was mid ship location and on bump out. We have been assigned a A cat cabin now and it is on Deck Six.

The B cat are mainly located on Deck 8. So our assigned cabin is an A which is two decks lower on Deck 6.

Same size cabin, just wondering if lower on Deck 6 is better or worse? Any advantage or disadvantage to A vs B.

Thanks in advance for insight and input.

Looking at the regular price tags I'd say it is an upgrade. If it's a Vista Suite (I refer to Koningsdam) you will probably have a little more space. The information of the room size is from 24-33 square meters in both categories but of course depends on the location. It's not the jackpot but definitely not worse than your first assignment and you're nearer to the water... Enjoy

Just was wondering if Deck 8 versus 6 ( B versus A any better or just the same).
IMO they're the same. On deck 8 you may get a little more noise above you, but you get a slightly better view and just a walk-up to Lido instead of needing to wait for an elevator every time you want to go there. But if you're susceptible to sea sickness, you'll get slightly more rolling motion on 8. Edited by catl331

Would the cover over the deck be an issue on Deck 8.

For that reason, Deck 6 could be preferable.

And, as mentioned, would there be areas on Deck 8 where noise from above would be an issue?

I don't think I would be concerned just because of the lower deck. That does not necessarily mean lower desirability or category...

We are newbies here, but have decided to pay just a wee bit more for a cabin on Deck 7, over the same cabin on Deck 8.

This might be a case of the cruise line thinking something is an upgrade when the passenger does not. It's also why I usually do not book guarantee cabins and mark my specific cabin bookings as "do not upgrade."