New OBC Promotion

Bruce62

Today I received an email from P and O confirming that the OBS has been 'price matched' to that offered to those booking under the Select fare. The email did make an apology for it taking so long :o.

I am obviously pleased with this outcome, just regretting making the phone called that angered me so much now (will put that down to a mistake and move on I think :p)

Happy day today - hope everyone else is as successful.

Today I received an email from P and O confirming that the OBS has been 'price matched' to that offered to those booking under the Select fare. The email did make an apology for it taking so long :o.

I am obviously pleased with this outcome, just regretting making the phone called that angered me so much now (will put that down to a mistake and move on I think :p)

Well done, everything comes to those who wait. :)

Enjoy your cruise and raise a glass to us, with all that extra OBC. :)

Well Done !! I'm so pleased that things have worked out for you. Enjoy your cruise. :)

grannygristle - Our friends received a call from P & O earlier today who were very gracious and offered them the OBC minus the amount the cruise had gone up in price. Very happy and restored my faith in human nature !!

I received an email yesterday to say that I was receiving the extra OBC. Also, a friend tied I to the same booking, received a phone call to say that they would be receiving the extra OBC as well. So more happy people. Thanks for everyone's advice on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I for one is looking forward to seeing lots of Happy People on Ventura in 20 days time on the First Fly Cruise of the season ! - we will have "Loads of Money" to have fun with ! especially us with our £340 !! yehhh

See you onboard Sue........It's strange but this was the only cruise, where I didn't qualify for the extra OBC. But still looking forward to it :)

Are you flying from LGW?

Hi Bruce

We are flying from East Midlands - was Manchester but got it changed when they opened up EM better for us.

We got a phone call this morning from P & O offering to upgrade us to a suite ! for an extra £150 per person - believe it or not we said no ! - it took us a lot of messing around to get the extra OBC and although it is a great deal from superior Balcony to suite - we decided against it because to be honest the only other benefits other than more space and a whirlpool bath is a butler and I wouldn't know what to do with one ! ha ha ...

Maybe we were mad to decline but once we had done the Suite experience we wouldn't want to go back ! .... I did say to them if they wanted to offer the upgrade Free I would - as they had already moved us from a aft cabin to mid ships without asking us !

see you on Board - never done Ventura so it will be an adventure.

not long now

• 4 weeks later...

We booked under Vantage & after querying the reduction in fares for Select were granted £180 pp OBC. Given that they are now offering M&S vouchers in addition to Select benefits I queried this with the agent we used.

We are being offered £160 M&S vouchers but only if we cancel our Vantage fare & re-book a Select fare. We don't know what to do as we lose PPP in cancelling but could be in line for upgrades (ha ha) with Select. The £380 OBC is also lost but we pay £360 less.

This is our first P&O cruise & booked early for a 2015 cruise believing PPP was more robust than it seems. I'm fed up with this & might cancel & lose the £400 deposit & go back to Thomsons.

Should we stay with Vantage, change to Select & get £160 M&S vouchers.

Any ideas?

We booked under Vantage & after querying the reduction in fares for Select were granted £180 pp OBC. Given that they are now offering M&S vouchers in addition to Select benefits I queried this with the agent we used.

We are being offered £160 M&S vouchers but only if we cancel our Vantage fare & re-book a Select fare. We don't know what to do as we lose PPP in cancelling but could be in line for upgrades (ha ha) with Select. The £380 OBC is also lost but we pay £360 less.

This is our first P&O cruise & booked early for a 2015 cruise believing PPP was more robust than it seems. I'm fed up with this & might cancel & lose the £400 deposit & go back to Thomsons.

Should we stay with Vantage, change to Select & get £160 M&S vouchers.

Any ideas?

Stick with what you booked. You were content with the price when you booked it and whatever you do you aren't going to benefit much. Relax and enjoy the cruise.