Review of Carnival Elation April 14th

Hislamb12

My bff and I took our 2nd cruise with Carnival this last April. This time it went from Jacksonville Beach to Bahamas, 6 day cruise.

First off overall the staff was great and we made some friends that trip.

We also thoroughly enjoyed our beach days and time on the deck in the sun. The food was great too. And we saw the comedian on Friday night at 8:30 I think was the time. He was very funny and we enjoyed a clean show. The Private Island day was absolutely beautiful and some of the most amazing waters I have ever seen..

What we were not happy with was our hallway wreaked of cigarette smoke from the first moment we made our way to our room. At first we weren't sure what it was. was someone smoking in their room? Then we realized that had to be a lot of someones as it was bad and even began coming into our air vent system when we were sleeping. We asked the house keeping and they pointing to the air vents and said "it is the air conditioning' as if they knew exactly what it was.

I had begun coughing the day we went onto the ship with a minor tickle due to allergies. However, each night when we retired to our room my cough was worse and worse each night. I could only sleep by taking some heavy duty cold medicine. I knew it was the room as when I was not in the room or near the hallway my coughing subsided after 45 min or so.

We complained to the guest services and they did nothing and offered no solution.

I ended up with a pretty bad sinus infection the week after I got home and was sick for 2 weeks after the cruise.

The next complaint was the drinks we ordered ( we did not do package as we only do 1-2 drinks a day total) however we ordered a total of 12 drinks each i believe and only 1 of them actually seemed to have a normal alcohol content in it. We complained one time as we order a Mohito pitcher for the deck and we could not taste the rum at all. It was a refreshing drink with good flavor but it was $30 or something like that and neither of us could taste rum. We complained to the waiter who brought it and again he went on break and did nothing about it.

Another frustrating thing was upon booking we each were to have 25$ credit. However, when we checked out it was not on our receipt. So I asked about it and they said it was up to us to call after we got off the ship. So I contacted my booking agent. he too contacted Carnival and showed the receipt that said we should have it when we booked (8 mos earlier) and they refused to give it to us.

He was even frustrated with them.

The last sort of annoying thing was we felt the ship was not easy access to the Lido deck. I have been on 3 other ships in the last 2 years and they all had a very straight forward path. This one was sort of like a maze and it wasn't until the last day literally we felt like we knew where we going. Maybe it was just our room location but it was frustrating.

After all that I will just choose another cruise line. While the immediate staff on the ship were great. I felt the overall customer service of the company had a care less attitude.

April

This one was sort of like a maze and it wasn't until the last day literally we felt like we knew where we going. Maybe it was just our room location but it was frustrating.

Thanks for the review,

Out of curiosity, what was your cabin #?

Thanks for the review,

Out of curiosity, what was your cabin #?

I would be interested to know your cabin location as well. I am booked on this ship September 1.

Sorry Hislamb12...sounds like this cruise fell short of your expectations. The smoking issues and the situation with the $25 credit causes me great concern. Were either of these two issues ever resolved? What advice would you give to a new cruiser? Did you contact guest services or security? Should I bring copies of everything I purchased including the booking information that shows our OBC? TIA