What is the musty, mildewy smell on the pool decks?

Lil Davy

I was on the Liberty last year and just got off the Majesty last week and the pungent, mildewy smell was present on each ship. What is this smell? It smells horrible. Could it be odors from spilled alcoholic drinks that get caught in the pool deck turf? RCL should really do something about this.

I was on the Liberty last year and just got off the Majesty last week and the pungent, mildewy smell was present on each ship. What is this smell? It smells horrible.

The stink was *very bad* on Majesty last weekend. I also noticed that the turf was soaked, and water puddled at your feet as you walked. Maybe the drainage is messed up and the turf is going all mildew?

Mike

I was on the Liberty last year and just got off the Majesty last week and the pungent, mildewy smell was present on each ship. What is this smell? It smells horrible. Could it be odors from spilled alcoholic drinks that get caught in the pool deck turf? RCL should really do something about this.

We were on the Voyager in May when they were still refitting the pool decks and the carpeting they took up was gross, fortunatley they replaced it with an epoxy resin and grooved it to look like decking,a vast improvement on the carpet stuff.

Archived