Just Off the Legend---Some Thoughts:

zdcatc12

I'm just off the Legend. Like, yesterday off.

We DID make it into Tracy Arm. It was the first time in 2 years. It was pretty great. We did do the small boat excursion. It does get closer than the ship. I'm glad we did it and I think it was worth the price. We saw two larger ships get much closer than the Legend did so I was glad we spent the extra money.

MDR is a mess. Seriously, a mess. The second night it took about 45 minutes to get bread and water. The staff is as friendly as possible with the chaos, but, it's a wreck. I think it is lack of training and, perhaps, an unorganized kitchen staff that is the cause.

Lido deck food is okay-not great-but okay. No bacon police, but, they are out of bacon FAST! If you take a break to talk the wait staff is there to take your plate. I wish they would slow down on that a bit, but, I appreciate their hard work. The pizza is great. Gluten Free take a bit longer, but, it's worth it. I DO wish they kept Chopsticks open longer. I think they had the best food on the ship, honestly.

Jen Baxter is a hoot! She was born for the job. She is so easy to spot and approach!

The performers are great! There is one young man, Jordan, who should be on a much MUCH bigger stage. He is amazing. The shows are sung live (I don't know if the welcome aboard show was sung live but the rest were), and, we were impressed with the quality of the productions and entertainers.

The children's staff is great! Very patient and they seem to go out of their way for the kids.

The ship itself is a good size. Not so big that you get lost. But, it's good she is going into dry dock. She needs a bit of work. A deep clean will do her good.

Our room staff was alright. Again-not great. A couple of times he forgot to give us a Fun Time. No biggie as they are found everywhere.

The main lobby bar isn't stocked very well so sometimes we were searching for a bar to just get kaluha. Weird, but, again, not major.

The photographers are RUTHLESS! Seriously! It's awful. Getting off in one port they tried to stop of 4 times on the gangway. 4 times. 4 separate photo opportunities. Within about 45 seconds. TOO MUCH! That said, I bought a ton of posed family photos. LOL.

It's funny-people here talk about how there are no suite perks...we were given waters, strawberries, a bag of laundry. We had FTTF so we got more water. We had celebrations and were given champagne and gift cards. My husband and son did the Behind the Fun tour and were delivered a plate of treats. We felt really spoiled.

It's a wonderful trip with amazing opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences. We loved our excursions and really have no regrets.

I'm just off the Legend. Like, yesterday off.

We DID make it into Tracy Arm. It was the first time in 2 years. It was pretty great. We did do the small boat excursion. It does get closer than the ship. I'm glad we did it and I think it was worth the price. We saw two larger ships get much closer than the Legend did so I was glad we spent the extra money.

MDR is a mess. Seriously, a mess. The second night it took about 45 minutes to get bread and water. The staff is as friendly as possible with the chaos, but, it's a wreck. I think it is lack of training and, perhaps, an unorganized kitchen staff that is the cause.

Lido deck food is okay-not great-but okay. No bacon police, but, they are out of bacon FAST! If you take a break to talk the wait staff is there to take your plate. I wish they would slow down on that a bit, but, I appreciate their hard work. The pizza is great. Gluten Free take a bit longer, but, it's worth it. I DO wish they kept Chopsticks open longer. I think they had the best food on the ship, honestly.

Jen Baxter is a hoot! She was born for the job. She is so easy to spot and approach!

The performers are great! There is one young man, Jordan, who should be on a much MUCH bigger stage. He is amazing. The shows are sung live (I don't know if the welcome aboard show was sung live but the rest were), and, we were impressed with the quality of the productions and entertainers.

The children's staff is great! Very patient and they seem to go out of their way for the kids.

The ship itself is a good size. Not so big that you get lost. But, it's good she is going into dry dock. She needs a bit of work. A deep clean will do her good.

Our room staff was alright. Again-not great. A couple of times he forgot to give us a Fun Time. No biggie as they are found everywhere.

The main lobby bar isn't stocked very well so sometimes we were searching for a bar to just get kaluha. Weird, but, again, not major.

The photographers are RUTHLESS! Seriously! It's awful. Getting off in one port they tried to stop of 4 times on the gangway. 4 times. 4 separate photo opportunities. Within about 45 seconds. TOO MUCH! That said, I bought a ton of posed family photos. LOL.

It's funny-people here talk about how there are no suite perks...we were given waters, strawberries, a bag of laundry. We had FTTF so we got more water. We had celebrations and were given champagne and gift cards. My husband and son did the Behind the Fun tour and were delivered a plate of treats. We felt really spoiled.

It's a wonderful trip with amazing opportunities for once in a lifetime experiences. We loved our excursions and really have no regrets.

Any chance you have the FUNTIMES copies to share? We board July 25th! Can't wait!

Any chance you have the FUNTIMES copies to share? We board July 25th! Can't wait!

Good to know the lack of detailed reports back is killing someone else. We cruise August 15th and I almost feel obligated to post things when we get back.