When Exactly is "Spring Break" 2011

LynnMW3

Does anyone have an "educated" guess as to when to expect "spring break" next spring? We have an early April (April 2-16) cruise planned, hoping to avoid the mass of kids...will we still have them?

Thanks for your input!

Lynn

I'm sure it varies from school to school. Our spring break is the week of March 21st so we are booked for the March 19th cruise.

I totally understand - this is our family vacation, but if it were just me and DH or I had older kids, I'd prefer more peace and quiet.

I live in a major spring break destination (South Beach) and I can tell you that Spring Break lasts about 2 months because all the schools have it on differennt weeks. Some have it as early as the first or second week in March and it does last through mid April. You may not be at peak spring break time but there will definately be spring breakers on your cruise. I cruised last year on March 28 on the Jewel. There were some spring breakers on board but nothing crazy.

Believe me, no one hates spring breakers more than me ;)

I was thinking that spring break would be based on when Easter/Passover fell next year, and since our cruise would be back before then, I thought we'd be safe, but then I had second thoughts. Being on the Epic, I know the kids will be in full force, and I was hoping to avoid the majority of them.

We'll hope for the best!

Lynn

Spring Break for college kids is usually in March at some point. Most colleges are done by the end of March with them up in New England. However, K-12 schools have split breaks with one in February and the other in April so it depends on the age group you're looking to avoid. Younger kids OP you're going to have from our neck of the woods the week you plan on sailing but not any college kids from around my parts. :)

David_Sobe- Hmm... I was on the Jewel this year and I was on it for Spring Break and it kicked butt! Best cruise EVER!!! :D

We aren't until the first week of April. Agreeing with above posters, breaks will be scattered throughout March and April, especially with late Easter next year. Ships are pretty much full all of the time, though, so I don't think ships see as much of a swing except maybe in the age of cruisers.

Spring break in Ontario for the colleges and universities is either in February or March, while the elementary and high schools here have their Spring break in March. However, April is Easter and some people cruise during that time with their famillies and then if they are pulling their kids out of school, they may only have to miss partial days of schooling instead of full weeks. Feb., March and April is always Spring break time for somebody somewhere. Don't fret over that matter on your cruise, there are a lot of warm destinations that families can choose for their vacations. Go and enjoy your time anyway, and if your childless for your vacation, you may enjoy it all the more!!;):eek:

I'm sure it varies from school to school. Our spring break is the week of March 21st so we are booked for the March 19th cruise.

I totally understand - this is our family vacation, but if it were just me and DH or I had older kids, I'd prefer more peace and quiet.

I get the feeling that NCL Epic doesn't or wont do peace and quiet very often.

Does anyone have an "educated" guess as to when to expect "spring break" next spring? We have an early April (April 2-16) cruise planned, hoping to avoid the mass of kids...will we still have them?

Thanks for your input!

Lynn

Our district Is closed Monday April 11 for the week

Everyone seems to have a different week off! Here, on Long Island, our schools are closed for the week beginning April 16th. It is the week that contains Passover and Easter, so I think there will be lots of places using it as their Spring Break.

Archived