Anyone Cruise on Queen Mary 2 Lately?

Bobgaffney

I just reserved a Cruise on Queen Mary 2 out of NY for March 2005 and was wondering if anybody had any pointers, tips etc. Will be going with my wife and 2 boys (twin 6 year olds).

I have read a lot of mixed reviews, but was hoping that the kinks will be/have been ironed out by the time we go. I have until Mid December to fully commit. I would appreciate any responses.

Hi, Bob. My husband and I were aboard for the 6/25 crossing Southampton to NY. The ship, crew, staff and accommodations were first-class. Before sailing I had also read many mixed reviews, but thankfully, we're not the type to be swayed. We had a wonderful, romantic, and fun trip and have already decided to sail QM2 again. There were no more kinks onboard than I would find in my favorite restaurant where I've been dining for over 20 years. If it's of any help to you, I have posted a review on my site.

Best regards,

Caroline Parkhurst

WorldTravelQuest.com

Hey Bob,

I was on QM2 for the Independence Weekend Cruise with a buddy of mine and we had a blast. Don't pay any attention to the criticisms. This is a first class ship, with impeccable service, elegant public rooms and loads of things to keep you busy with. QM2 captures all of the grace and style from the classic age of ocean liners.

My girlfriend and I are booked for one of those March cruises to the Caribbean out of NYC on the 9th. Perhaps we'll see you aboard. At any rate keep your reservation and have a fabulous trip.

Cruiserking

I'm also cruising on the QM2 leaving March 9th. I was on the Tandem Crossing in April. I fell in love with the Queen Mary 2. I too kept a close eye on all the bad press and reviews. I was very pleased with my experience. I found the ambiance very elegant. I don't get a chance to dress up much at home. It was a pleasure that I could wear my tux several nights.

J.P.

We are sailing on March 25th. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Was not planning on cancelling unless I heard really bad consistent reviews. It looks like such a beautiful and elegant ship we are all very excited. Any ideas about good excursions to do with 2 kids?

We booked our cruise and must say we are very excited, even though it is 6 months away. I will keep on reading postings in all the QM2 threads. This is such a big ship that the more we know before hand the better we can plan our days.

• 2 weeks later...

i cruised the med in may/june 2004

my 10yr old son who was 11 on board absolutely loved the 'kids zone'

its run in sessions the last of the day being 8pm - 12 midnight, so dont expect them in til midnight, probably with a beefburger in their little hands which they will have gathered in 'Kings Court' as they make their way back to you!! The 'zone' staff were really great with johnathan, we still talk about them often when we are remembering our wonderful trip aboard teh Queen Mary 2!!

have a lovely trip

jane

xx

Hi just got back from New England/Canada on QM2 and all I can say is wow. Everything was great. The ship is marvelous. The entertainment was great. And to top it off last Friday when we were docked in Portland Maine George and Barbara Bush were on the ship getting a tour. What a thrill.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived