NCL Party bus tour

slyone14

So I am traveling solo and after looking at the Shore excursions for my upcoming NCL Escape cruise in September, I saw the Party Bus tour with NCl. There is really not much information at all. Some people saw its a tour that is free flowing rum throughout the cruise others saw it isn't. Could anyone please shed some light on this?

There is also a party bus tour through viator, but I think this is different. Hopefully someone could shed alittle light for me.

We've not taken the party bus around the island but have read it is a fun time if you like that vibe. Would not use Viator for island excursions, book through the ship or better yet use a local operator.

If you don't care about the drinking part you can just grab a safari taxi at the dock for an island tour with a beach stop. Excellent tours at very reasonable prices ($25pp for 3 - 4 hrs).

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if slyuone14 took the party bus tour on Tortola, and why blue_water does not recommend Viator tours. This excursion seems similar to the Cozumel Bar Hop which we took recently, and had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering if slyuone14 took the party bus tour on Tortola, and why blue_water does not recommend Viator tours. This excursion seems similar to the Cozumel Bar Hop which we took recently, and had a great time.

I'm wondering why anyone would choose this while having NCL's Ultimate Beverage Package.:eek:

Ken we would always recommend a local tour operator over a multi-destination tour operator. That supports the local tourism industry - which is sorely needed after Irma and Maria - and just makes sense because the owners live there. But Viator and other multi-destination tour operators offer similar tours if you prefer that!

I'm wondering why anyone would choose this while having NCL's Ultimate Beverage Package.:eek:
Unlike a some people, we don't consider NCL's Ultimate Beverage Package as a reason to remain in a drunken stupor for the duration of the cruise. We certainly drink more alcohol than we usually do, but overall I'd prefer actually doing something than sitting around getting drunk. The Cozumel Bar hop gets its five stars on most review sites for good reason - You are taken to four pristine locations on the mostly unpopulated side of the island, you have your one complimentary drink - more of a shooter, actually - and spend the remaining time walking on the beach, swinging on a hammock, browsing the gift shop, or having a snack or additional drinks. I'm hoping the NCL party bus tour here is similar, but it it's not, I'll look for something else to do.

I’ve read reports from other cruisers who took this or a similar excursion and really enjoyed it. I believe they toured the island and stopped at a beach or two and a small hilltop bar (name escapes me now) and had rum during the ride.

Another option was a boat to Soper’s Hole followed by a land tour. No beach stops but a nice ride along the coast between Tortola and neighboring islands with shopping time at Soper’s Hole and a scenic tour of the island.

Not sure if this NCL excursion is either of these, sorry. Does the description give any details?

The Coz bar hop on the east coast sounds great - we’ve just driven Coz and hit a couple spots and that coast is beautiful with the rocks...

• 7 months later...

We are going in October and this sounds right up our alley. We also did the Bar Hop in Cozumel last year and loved it. Was this listed as a NCL excursion? I don't see anything like this available on our sailing so far.

We are going in October and this sounds right up our alley. We also did the Bar Hop in Cozumel last year and loved it. Was this listed as a NCL excursion? I don't see anything like this available on our sailing so far.

There is a Tortola Party Bus tour available for my upcoming NCL cruise.

Not having taken said tour it's impossible to comment on it specifically. That being said, we have found for us, and friends in our group, private tours are more than worth any extra expense (if there even is extra). We would rather not be controlled by the group tour time restraints should we happen upon a particular bar or location that we enjoy and where we want to spend more time. Yes, we may miss one or two others but if we're having a good time, who cares.

JMHO