American Airlines through Royal Air2 Sea

teacherman

I know that there are many things that can happen when you buy a ticket through Air2Sea, but when we have previously used them things worked out okay. Never having flown on AA, my question for those of you who have done so is-If we book an international business class ticket, one way, through Air2Sea, will we get a "locator" number that we can then use to go on the AA site and do seat selection? If so, is there an extra charge to select a seat? This is the way it worked when we used Air2Sea to book on Delta, so we are just wondering if it works the same way on AA. Any information is welcome. Thank you. (I did call Air2Sea but am not sure if the person really understood what I was asking)

I know that there are many things that can happen when you buy a ticket through Air2Sea, but when we have previously used them things worked out okay. Never having flown on AA, my question for those of you who have done so is-If we book an international business class ticket, one way, through Air2Sea, will we get a "locator" number that we can then use to go on the AA site and do seat selection? If so, is there an extra charge to select a seat? This is the way it worked when we used Air2Sea to book on Delta, so we are just wondering if it works the same way on AA. Any information is welcome. Thank you. (I did call Air2Sea but am not sure if the person really understood what I was asking)

Yes, you will get American's record locator via an almost immediate email from Air2Sea as soon as you book. When we did this, we did not have to pay extra to select seats, but that was for an economy class fare.

One caveat, if it is an American code share on BA you will get a locator number and you will be able to check your reservation but there will be a charge for selecting your seats before check in at T-24 HR.

Very true, we ran into that ourselves a couple of years ago.