TEQUILA FACTORIES & OLD TOWN TOUR - Purchase costs

Jammyjame

Tequila Factories & Old Town Tour

I have signed up for this excursion in PV when i cruise at the end of march. I am interested in how much the bottles sell for on this tour. Really want to buy a nice bottle of Tequila for my hubby and curious how much cash i should bring on the outing.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Jammy

Edited by Jammyjame
added information

Hi,

I don't know how much the tequila on the tour costs but you can get a good bottle of aged tequila(reposado or the older anejo) for about $40 in Mexico.

You can get just plain (not aged) for less.

Puerto Vallarta is not the center for tequila making so not sure what they do at the factory you are visiting.

I agree you can buy good tequila in stores in PV with more variety for sale.

You can actually buy it in California too for just a little more money.

Thanks all. I was in Sayulita and got a nice bottle of Don Julio 60 for about 500 pesos i am just not aware of what is around the ports so i thought the tour would be my best best for a bottle. The same bottle in LA cost about $99 USD. I promised the hubby that if i am travelling without him i bring him back some bottle.

:)

I’ve found that the tequila prices in Mexico are now very closely to what I can get a good bottle of tequila for now in CA

Years back the prices were much much better in Mexico. Not so anymore

That said we do the Tequila tour every time we cruise to Mexico. Loved the sampling’s and it was now geared towards more flavored tequilas

We brought home a tangerine, coffee, cocoa flavored ones that all were great prices ranged from $25-$40 a bottle

If you’re looking for Don Julio or Cabo Waboo price it first here at CVS or the grocery store when they have it on sale so you’ll be able to see the price difference. Might save you lugging a bottle back for no reason

Thanks Everyone! I will make sure i have USD and pesos. I live in Canada where the price for Tequila is insane. So i will be buying a bottle either on the tour in PV or at one of the other ports.

Jamie (17 days till i am cruising for the first time.)

Go to Old Town and a local liquor store; last year I bought 2 (we were flying), much cheaper than the tour - many great brands . . . we like Herradura . . . here's a fun FB group on tequila - there is a guy on there that is a Tequila aficiondo . . . love his site . . . . https://www.********************/tequilatrust/

Tequila Factories & Old Town Tour

I have signed up for this excursion in PV when i cruise at the end of march. I am interested in how much the bottles sell for on this tour. Really want to buy a nice bottle of Tequila for my hubby and curious how much cash i should bring on the outing.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Jammy

This is my first cruise too; also my best friends . . . I'm excited more about being in PV as I love it and hope to spend lot's of time there in the next few years! We booked a hotel room in Old Town so that we don't have to head back to the ship - it's near a few of my favorite eating places . . . anyway, tequila in PV is much cheaper than in Idaho - I bought some bottles that cost me about $30 pesos - here they would cost around $80.00 I sure wish we could meet people that we are chatting with on our cruises! I'm thinking you're on the one on March 17 . . .

Thanks Everyone! I will make sure i have USD and pesos. I live in Canada where the price for Tequila is insane. So i will be buying a bottle either on the tour in PV or at one of the other ports.

Jamie (17 days till i am cruising for the first time.)