Prices on Voyager class ships for Royal FAMILY suites

Guest OBAYbee

Guest OBAYbee

Does anyone happen to know how much the Voyager class ships charge for summer cruises in the Royal Family Suite cabins? I can't find it available online.

Guest OBAYbee

Ah..ok thanks! I wonder if anyone reading the boards has booked one and might be able to give me some idea of what it would cost to take 5 using the Royal Family Suite.

Guest OBAYbee
:) I just priced the Royal Family Suite for our upcoming cruise in December on Navigator. The per person charge was 2366.45 for the first 2 people, and 454.45 for persons 3 - 8. For our family of 5, the Royal Family Suite would cost $2500 more than the option we chose, the Family Outside Stateroom.

Thank you so very much that is a lot of help!

I just booked the Royal Family Suite on the Mariner of the Seas for Oct 9, 2005. We received pricing quotes for 4, 5, and 6 passengers in the room.

Cabin price based on 4 in the cabin = $5,200.

Cabin price based on 5 in the cabin = $5,600

Cabin price based on 6 in the cabin = $6,150

I know that others have mentioned that you cannot get the RFS with only 4 in the cabin, but you can. The reason they don't show up on the Royal Caribbean web site is because there are only 4 Royal Family Suites on the Voyager class ships...so they go fast since there are only 4. (BTW, I originally 4 D-2 balcony cabins booked in a row, but then found the RFS open on the Royal Caribbean web site....I took down the cabin number, phoned my TA, and she switched our reservation to one RFS and 2 D-2 balcony cabins).

We stayed in the RFS on the Mariner last November. There were 5 in the cabin. We have booked the RFS again for this coming October and we started the booking with just 4 in the cabin, but now there will be 6 of us in the cabin. (The cost per person is the same for 6 in the RFS as it would be for 2 in a D-2 balcony cabin) We are a group of women traveling together...so we each just pay the fare for 1...that is why it is cost effective for us. And, we have all of that extra space...and the HUGE balcony. I can't wait until October! We love the Royal Family Suite.

JrMafia90: I forgot to answer your question about how many people can stay in the RFS....the suite sleeps 8 people. The first bedroom has two twins and two bunk beds that come down from the ceiling, (sleeps 4). This room looks has the same layout as an inside cabin...with 2 night stands and a vanity w/chair...shelving behind the door. The second bedroom has two twins that can be converted to a queen. That bedroom has two full closets, vanity w/chair, extra shelving behind the door, TV and safe. The livingroom has a full sofa that pulls out to a double sofa bed. There are two chairs along with a table w/4 chairs, TV, CD player w/surround sound speakers hanging from the ceiling. There is also a huge walk in closet in the hallway which can double as a dressing room. There are two bathrooms, one with a tub and shower and one w/just a shower.

The balcony has two sun loungers w/small table and then a large round table with four chairs.

I don't know if this is always the case, but when I was tracking the fares for my Enchantment RFS, the cost for the first two passengers in the cabin was the same as the Owners Suites. If nothing else, it can give you a general idea of the cost for each sailing.

Also, we were told by RCCL that we would be moved unless we found a fifth passenger--I guess a bigger party wanted that cabin. Luckily, my sister decided to join us so we got to keep it.

I don't know if this is always the case, but when I was tracking the fares for my Enchantment RFS, the cost for the first two passengers in the cabin was the same as the Owners Suites. If nothing else, it can give you a general idea of the cost for each sailing.

Also, we were told by RCCL that we would be moved unless we found a fifth passenger--I guess a bigger party wanted that cabin. Luckily, my sister decided to join us so we got to keep it.

Interesting! Then for a family of 5 would the owner's suite cost the same as the RFS? I know the Owner's wouldn't work for more than 5, but for a family with 3 kids, would it really be the same price? I know it has a larger square footage and balcony(this is on Rhapsody) but does it have the 2nd bathroom?

Did anyone in your group sleep on the sofa bed? We are trying to determine how comfortable it will be for my daughter and her husband. We have sailed on Explorer and the sofa beds are the same as you would have in your home. But the ones on the Serenade are only good for a small child. I wouldn't even call the ones on Serenade a sleeper sofa. We have booked the Royal Family Suite on the October 15th sailing of Navigator.

• 1 month later...

Someone mentioned the Family outside stateroom. How many does that fit. I am trying to plan on taking my Senior Girl Scout troop on a cruise to wrap up our 12 years together as a troop. The cruise lines prefer an adult in each room, which changes the amount of chaperones we would need. I have 8 in my troop now and I'm thinking it might be down to 6 by the time we cruise in a year and a half, so 2 parents and 6 girls could actually fit in the RFS, but I'm not sure about the family outside stateroom. What does that room have and how many does it hold?:o

I have an family ocean view cabin booked for the Navigator in August. It holds 6 people ,but I read somewhere that it will also take a roll-away. There is a queen bed which should convert to twins, a double sofa bed and a seperate little area with bunks. These cabins are right at the front of the ship directly beneath the bridge. There is only one bathroom, and no balcony but I think they are quite spacious. They seem to book quickly, so you will need to book well in advance. We got a great deal on ours. Hope this helps.

Here is the link to photos from my Nov 2004 sailing on the Mariner in the Royal Family Suite. (The pictures of the suite are about 5 pictures in on the site...I have them labeled) The pictures are in the first album.

http://community.webshots.com/user/usakcg

Thanks for posting the link to your photos! I have booked the RFS on the Rhapsody for the July 31 sailing. It was nice to be able to see some real photos!!

$5200 for the RFS?? Not bad! I thought it would be much more than that....but you are going in October, so maybe that is why. We would want it in July/August timeframe, so it will probably be much more then.

What are some good options for Family of four on Mariner? We don't want to be stepping over each other. Is the RFS the only suite with two bathrooms?

What about adjoining cabins? Anyone have some good ideas or experience with anything on Mariner??

Thanks for posting the link to your photos! I have booked the RFS on the Rhapsody for the July 31 sailing. It was nice to be able to see some real photos!!

We're in a RFS the next week. Keep it nice and clean for us!! :) If you have any leftover C & A coupons, you could leave those too! :D Which one are you in?

We (family of 4) are in on of the RFS 06-05-05. Booked more than a year out and paid a total of $6840.

WOW, that's a pretty good price for an RFS isnt it? I was going to give up on an RFS when I was told you had to have more than 4 people in that cabin. I might put it back on my list now to book July 2006.

Guest OBAYbee

I posted the price I am paying for a couple of OS a JS a Promenade stateroom and a RFS on FOS somewhere on this board. I just happened across this one tonight. Just so happens I was asking how much for a RFS back in February and some of you were very gracious in giving me an idea of how much.

Here is the price for the RFS June 25 2006 on FOS. For 5 passengers $11,919.50. It sleeps up to eight and if we choose to add 2 more people their fare would be $1,103.90 each

If you wish to know the price on any of the other rooms I booked let me know and I will post them for you.

I posted the price I am paying for a couple of OS a JS a Promenade stateroom and a RFS on FOS somewhere on this board. I just happened across this one tonight. Just so happens I was asking how much for a RFS back in February and some of you were very gracious in giving me an idea of how much.

Here is the price for the RFS June 25 2006 on FOS. For 5 passengers $11,919.50. It sleeps up to eight and if we choose to add 2 more people their fare would be $1,103.90 each

If you wish to know the price on any of the other rooms I booked let me know and I will post them for you.

How were you able to get June 2006 when RCI hasnt opened up booking for summer 2006? Is it only because it is the Freedom?? I want to book Mariner for July 2006 and can't get in anywhere yet. By the way, that's a major price for a RFS....yikes!!

Guest OBAYbee
How were you able to get June 2006 when RCI hasnt opened up booking for summer 2006? Is it only because it is the Freedom?? I want to book Mariner for July 2006 and can't get in anywhere yet. By the way, that's a major price for a RFS....yikes!!

I made reservations on February 28th when the C&A members were allowed to book before others. You can book FOS online now for summer 2006. Not sure why the other ships aren't booking unless it's because this was a "special circumstance". My guess is they will open for summer 2006 in May which happens to also be the month we expect to view deck plans for FOS.

Well I am worried I might be paying too much.

I just reserved a Royal Family Suite on the Navigator sailing in March 2006 (spring break) for a family of four and the cruise rate is $ 7300.00.

This was the last RFS available according to RCCL.

I was hoping that the price might go down before we have to pay on 12/31/05?

Have I made a mistake perhaps?

Archived