August 25 Update: More Europe River Cruises Canceled, Altered Due to Low Water Levels

Host Jazzbeau

It still amazes me that they aren't talking about the Rhine! We missed one port on Aug. 10th due to low water and everyone was expecting parts of the Rhine to be shut down the week of the 16th. I can't imagine that they got enough rain to correct that much of a water shortage. Maybe someone who has been on the river the past week could comment?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
typo

This is making me so nervous!

I was in contact with Fuel Science while he was on the Rhine-Moselle trip last week and he never mentioned anything about missed ports or water level problems. And I haven't heard anything on CC or anywhere else about Rhine or Moselle problems. I think problem with Danube is it's narrower between Amsterdam and Budapest than between Budapest and Ruse....although I did see some stuff about water problems where Danube goes through Romania, but I'm not sure how current it is. I'll post through my facebook to let you know how we're doing, especially if there's a problem.

Edited by Hydrokitty

It still amazes me that they aren't talking about the Rhine! We missed one port on Aug. 10th due to low water and everyone was expecting parts of the Rhine to be shut down the week of the 16th. I can't imagine that they got enough rain to correct that much of a water shortage. Maybe someone who has been on the river the past week could comment?

As I mentioned in a different post, we were on Vikings Rhine Getaway - Basel to Rotterdam last week - 8/15-22. I noticed no issues with river traffic. I did not notice any unusual low water indicators and even asked our Captain who said the river was in good shape.

Frank

As I mentioned in a different post, we were on Vikings Rhine Getaway - Basel to Rotterdam last week - 8/15-22. I noticed no issues with river traffic. I did not notice any unusual low water indicators and even asked our Captain who said the river was in good shape.

Frank

Good to know and thank you Francis....this is the trip I'm leaving for on Thursday.