What time does embarkation begin for the Celebrity Eclipse in Amsterdam?

dlcc10

We fly into Amsterdam at 9 am and would like to tour the city but do not know what to do with our luggage while we tour. We were wondering what time the ship accepts your luggage?

We are supposed to be landing at 6:45am. Guess we'll have to think about something to do too. Gordy said we were just going to the ship, but now that I saw the time we land, I don't think that is right. We have arranged for transfer to the ship with Celebrity from the airport, so maybe we are going to do some sort of scenic route to the ship-- I'd hate to get our luggage messed up with the passengers leaving the ship. Thanks for asking this question. Think I'll call Celebrity tomorrow to check on this.

We have purchased a transfer as well. We read that bike rentals are available at the port terminal where our ship is docked so we would love to do that if we could check in our luggage. Will you let me know what the Celebrity people advise you on when you call? We also have the same problem when we disembark. Our flight isn't til later that evening but we arrive in Amsterdam at 7 am.

Might need 2 lockers but peace of mind knowing you get to check in your luggage at the ship when checking in

Amsterdam Centraal Luggage Storage

Amsterdam Centraal train station has baggage depots called “Bagagekluizen” where you can store your bags for one hour to 72 hours.

Luggage lockers at Amsterdam Central cost €7 for the first 24 hours for a small storage locker and €10 for the first 24 hours for a large luggage storage locker (at this time). The locker area is open from 7AM to 1AM every day. You can pay for the lockers with credit card or PIN card, and some with coins.

What size are the lockers at Amsterdam Central Station? The small luggage lockers are 90x45x40 cm and the large lockers are 90x60x40 cm.

The Amsterdam Centraal Luggage storage is located near platform 2B on the southeast side of the station.

During busy times these storage lockers can fill up. So it is nice to know there are other options!

Amsterdam Central Station Luggage Storage (click Bagagekluizen)

Drop and Go

Located on Prins Hendrikkade across from Amsterdam Central Station, Drop and Go offers luggage storage, laptop and mobile phone charging stations and printing services. They will also weigh your luggage and can hand off keys for Airbnb apartments.

Prices at Drop and Go are as follows: small items are €4, carryon bags are €7, large items are €10 per 24 hours and super large bags and odd sized items like snowboards or folding bicycles are €15 for 24 hours. Drop and Go is open from 9AM to 10PM and is a good option for Amsterdam luggage storage.

Drop and Go

Prins Hendrikkade 86, Amsterdam

Lockerpoint

Drop your gear and go for a beer! For just €8 a day you can leave your luggage at Lockerpoint, conveniently located near Central Station in the city center at Beurs van Berlage. The large lockers can fit two rolling suitcases.

Lockerpoint

Damrak 247, Amsterdam

Lock Luggage Storage

Located in the center of Amsterdam near the shopping area, Lock Luggage Storage has three sizes of lockers for you to chose from. Prices range from €5-10 for 24 hours. They are open from 9AM to 22:00 every day.

Lock Amsterdam

Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 28, Amsterdam

Amsterdam Luggage Storage

This bag storage facility on Spuistraat will store your luggage for €6 per day. Do you need long term luggage storage? If you book for 7 days you get the weekend free. If you need storage for a term longer than that, then get in touch to negotiate rates.

Amsterdam Luggage Storage

Spuistraat 110, Amsterdam

Edited by Goldberry

Gordy talked with Celebrity and they said that we should get to the ship just about boarding time at 10:30am. We won't be able to get in our rooms, but we will be on the ship. They also cautioned him about lines and waiting. So I guess the most important thing to bring to the cruise will be a good attitude and plenty of patience. Tried to post a countdown clock, but I couldn't get to post. :(

We had a similar situation in Venice several years ago.

We landed in Venice around 9am and went right to the port. Dropped our luggage with the porters and did not even check in. We left the port and went into town.

When done touring we returned to the port and checked in and boarded.

No reason to board the ship or even check in as soon as you drop off your luggage. Just make sure you check in and board before the deadlines.

Yes, the plan works fine as long as the port is close enough to what you want to tour. Not sure where port in Amsterdam is?? Port in Venice is walking distance into town.

Amsterdam port is at walking distance from the city center. I'd say 15-20 minute walk.

You can also check onto the ship, then go back ashore if there is time.

That will depend on where in Amsterdam Eclipse is docked. Some of the ports area quite a ways from downtown Amsterdam....are you on the August British Isles and Tattoo? If so, we'll probably be on the same bus from Schipol to ship, and I was told we'd be by ship around 10:30 a.m. if we get the first shuttle. We arrive at 7 a.m. so I don't see that as a problem.

dlcc10 and others: Be careful riding bikes in Amsterdam. The Dutch use bicycles like Americans use cars and they can be very impatient with tourists! The bicycle has the right of way in Amsterdam and if you get in his/her way whether peddling in the bike lane or walking across one, you won't need to understand Dutch, to know what he/she is calling you!!! :D:D