Jacksonville Hotel South

luvscruising2007

We will be driving through Jacksonville on our way to a cruise sailing out of Miami. Jacksonville is a good stopping point for us.

Where should we look for a hotel? If I remember correctly, I95 was a nightmare so was thinking of taking I295 east. We would probably arrive in late afternoon but want to get south of Jacksonville for the trip leaving the next morning to Miami.

We like staying at Hilton properties. Can someone recommend a hotel and what exit.? I found this information hard to come by. I am sure I am not looking in the right place.

Thanks for any info.

Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Park FL, just before the Buckman Bridge -- exit off onto Park/Roosevelt Blvd. well south of the city and the worst of the traffic.

If you can push on for another few miles, I would look at the St. Augustine area.

There are several hotels in the US 17 and I-295 area. The outer belt at "going home time" can be very busy and congested, but it's a fairly easy exit to manage onto US 17. Some good dining options available in the vicinity as well. Whenever I am in this area, I stay at the Fairfield Inn, which I can recommend, and dine at St. John's Seafood Restaurant, a short drive South on US 17. it's an unpretentious restaurant that caters to local residents, but the seafood is delicious, the prices reasonable, and the service friendly.