Formal nights on current QM2 crossings

BorderLady

Hi BorderLady,

On our April 16th crossing the dress codes were: Casual, Formal, Formal, Informal, Optional(Formal or Informal), Casual. This was NOT what we were told by Cunard shoreside offices, or our cruise docs.

Regards, Colin.

Colin -- thank you very much for your reply.

I remember that there was a lot of early speculation that the 4 nights of formal dress was being cut back to 2 -- many of us weren't happy about that! -- but I hadn't seen a recent post about how it turned out.

Thanks for your additional comment on the third evening being either formal or informal. I love being in a room of beautifully dressed people, so I'll hope many choose to dress for that evening, too.

On my June 5th crossing, the second and third nights were formal dress. What attire people feel comfortable in is such a personal thing. Spoke with a couple on board who did the Grand Jewels of Iberia. They had been on board 21 days when I talked with them, and didn't like the fact that there were 2 formal nights in a row, nor did I. I ordered room service the second formal night, because I find a tux or suit hot and uncomfortable.

Many people like dressing up and want to make that very much a part of their cruise experience, but there are many people who can enjoy their crossing without that.

I'd have been happy if there was only one formal night. Border Lady, maybe you should spring for a suite... the folks in Princesses/Queens Grills always seemed to go to dinner in formal wear.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean

Archived