"Hump" cabins

puzzums

I am about to book a cruise on the MSC Divina and will be splurging on a balcony stateroom for the first time ever. I've heard that the hump cabins are most sought after but am not sure why. What is the advantage to them and does anyone know which room numbers they would be on decks 11,12 and 13?

Thanks.

I am about to book a cruise on the MSC Divina and will be splurging on a balcony stateroom for the first time ever. I've heard that the hump cabins are most sought after but am not sure why. What is the advantage to them and does anyone know which room numbers they would be on decks 11,12 and 13?

Thanks.

The Hump cabins have a wider field of view than the "recessed" , some of which only have a 90 degree field. Also the deck 13 recessed cabins, and to some extent deck 12 cabins, are overhung by deck 14 and may get very little sunshine on them.

There are two sizes of cabin on the middle hump; the smaller ones with a smaller balcony are 11160 - 11243; 12154 - 12227 and 13129 -13178 Allow fior the fact there are inside cabins incliuded with in those groups.

THe front and rear humps are all the larger cabins

Deck 13 has the pool deck and out door cafe directly overhead and so may suffer from noise

You can see how the overhang of deck 14 affects deck 13 and 12 "reccessed" cabins on this image and also how the hump resticts the field of view

cornercabin.jpg

The larger cabins are :-- on the front hump 11011 - 11080; 12003 - 12074; 13001 - 13060 ( again there are inside cabins within this group

rear hump 11261 -11297, 12222 - 12291agian there insides included

and 13195 - 13221 avoid 13222 - 13230 the have juliet balconies

P1020631.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete

You seem an expert on Divina - do you know what sort of balcony 9171 has? We believe the cabin is slightly smaller (no sofa) but the balcony does have 2 chairs and room to sit out? We got a free upgrade so can't complain too much!

Thanks

Hi Pete

You seem an expert on Divina - do you know what sort of balcony 9171 has? We believe the cabin is slightly smaller (no sofa) but the balcony does have 2 chairs and room to sit out? We got a free upgrade so can't complain too much!

Thanks

I believe they are in between the standard balcony which are not over generous (below viewed from both ends) and the juliette, minute, in the post above. There should just be enough area to sqeeze on the two chairs and maybe the little table. My guess is that if you imagine the standard balcony without the three outermost "planks" , you wouldn't be far wrong

P1020628.jpg

P1020627.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete

Thanks

I've found an image of the starboard side of Divina and indicated 9172, which is the cabin exactly opposite your cabin (which is port side) and within the area i've highlighted in orange which all have the smaller balconies. For comparison i've surrounded the standard cabins balconies in blue. Not too much difference as I see it.

The balconies like yours have definitely got guests sitting out without too much sqeeze so I think you'l be able to enjoy it quite happily

8172.jpg

Thanks.

Check this thread - How I was trying to cruise on MSC.

You'll see explantions of what is "hump" (pics and deck plans) and more info on other cabins...