Patrick's 4X4 - Half Day or Full Day?

Trobrah

We have the opportunity to take either Patrick's half day tour or his full day tour on Tahiti. We're not sure what the difference is between them, or how long the half day tour really is. For anyone who has taken either of these tours, will you please let us know whether you went for a half day or full day, and what your tour included? Which would you recommend? We plan to go either on embarkation day or the following full day in Papeete.

Thanks,

Susan

We are taking the half day 4X4 tour with Patrick the morning of embarkation from Tahiti, based on information we have read on the boards, stating better views in the morning and that a full day was just too long of an excursion.

Paul,

We received an email from Patrick last night. He says he has a full day tour on August 15 (Embarkation day) and a half day tour on the 16th. We are now leaning towards the 1/2 day on the 16th.

Susan and Jay

I took the 1/2 day excursion w/ the ships tour. I think 1/2 day tour is more than enough time and the tour is great.

Patricks tour was exactly the same as the ships tour. Patrick was behind us the entire time and we got back to the ship at the same time too.

Bsan,

Did you take the morning or afternoon cruise with Princess when going around Tahiti? We have booked 1/2 day with Princess in the afternoon on the 16th. Do you have any thoughts about a.m. vs. p.m. tours in Tahiti?

Thanks. Glad you had a wonderful time

Bsan,

Did you take the morning or afternoon cruise with Princess when going around Tahiti? We have booked 1/2 day with Princess in the afternoon on the 16th. Do you have any thoughts about a.m. vs. p.m. tours in Tahiti?

Thanks. Glad you had a wonderful time

I took the morning tour on the second day.

Personally, I would rather do it in the morning because it leaves you the rest of the day to go to the market and walk around the city or go on another excursion.

Make sure your tour guide is Riko from France. His english is very good and will make your trip on the 4 X 4 ;) unforgettable. ;)

I have many pics from the 4 X 4 I can send you an invite to my Kodak Gallery so you can view them. I still don't know how to link it onto CC :( . Email me your addy to Bsan1221@aol.com

Roy,

Here is the message that Patrick sent to us.

Jay and Susan

Ia orana Susan

Nice to meet you.

There is an half day tour on morning or afternoon.

The price is 4500 pacific Francs per person. (between 45 and 47 US $)

And there is a full day tour from 8.30am to 4.00pm.

The price is 6500 pacific Francs per person without lunch. (between 65 and 67 US $)

In the full day tour, we talk about flora, fauna, geology, archeology and history...

We stop very often on the way for pictures and swim in the waterfalls.

For August 15th, i have a full day planed.

For August 16th, i have an 1/2 day planed.

The tours are only by 4x4 car.

The pick up will be from your hotel or on the pier.

You will pay at the end of the tour.

To book, you have to send me an email.

Many thanks.

Patrick.

I took Patrick's full day tour upon getting back to Papeete and it was a wonderful way to spend that last day before the 10:00pm flight. Got back about 4:30, took a shower in the spa, had dinner and took a cab to the airport. Perfect way to end a trip to Paradise.

I can't say enough about Patrick, he was so much fun and knows so much, it realy was a perfect day.

Hi Susan Jay & Paul

We have booked with Patrick for the half day on the morning of the 16th Aug so we will see you then.

Thanks slsmartin for the help with the link.

And thanks to Bsan1221 for sharing your pictures with us.

Regards

royhand.gifchrishand.gif

We took Patrick's full day tour back in Feb. We were the only ones that day, so he asked if he could pick up some of his friends! We had a fantastic time - of course we didn't get back until almost 6 o'clock. Patrick is wonderful!!

My wife has an occasional back problem and sometimes has trouble climbing into and out of vehicles with higher-than average height. How's the accessibility of Patrick's 4x4s and how bumpy is the ride? Thanks for any info.

I had booked with Patrick for an afternoon half-day tour, but when I e-mailed him last week to confirm, he said that he had us down for a morning tour because the weather is bad in the afternoon. So I wrote him back and said that we can't do the morning tour (we need to be out of our B&B by 11 and can't store our luggage there) and reminded him that we had agreed on the afternoon tour with a pick-up at the pier at noon. He wrote back and said that for his afternoon tour, he has to pick-up the rest of the people who booked somewhere other than Papeete, so he can't meet us at noon at the pier. So, we ended up cancelling with him. I was a little disappointed because I'd read mostly good reviews of him. I'm glad I double-checked about our reservation, though, because otherwise we would have been waiting at the pier and he wouldn't have shown up, and then I would have been mad instead of just disappointed about our miscommunication.

Caught your post on Patrick's and oops!!! I forgot I booked him for a morning tour from the hotel on Monday, the 29th of May. After that Norine put together a van tour for the 6 of us (maybe a few others???) and I neglected to cancel Patrick. I will send him an email right away to cancel as I want to make room for someone else who wants to take his tour. Norine has reconfimed the tour and we are committed to her so I will take care of that right away. Den and I have early seating also.

Becky (Susie?????grandad7) and Dennis

We didn't have any problems. My husband broke 3 bones in his foot and had surgery four days before we left! He was on crutches and in a boot cast and had no difficulty on the tour. I also e-mailed Patrick and told him about the surgery and he said it would still be okay to take the tour. Patrick had a truck not a 4x4 so it wasn't a rough ride.

Archived