More AMA Tidbits,cheers, and a caveat or two

ptiprof

We are doing AMAPrima in September Prague to Budapest. I am curious which private guided tours you are doing and who did you book them with? Also, how do we contact AMA directly?

Thanks

< how do we contact AMA directly?>

Call them at the number on their website.

I did a lot of research prior to the trip and booked private guides in Budapest and Prague. We especially enjoyed our guide in Prague and have now spent three days with her over the course of 2 visits, and referred her to many with glowing reports.

Andrea Reznickova

Licensed guide in Prague and the Czech rep.

Andrejka2002@seznam.cz

tel. +420777930024

This was our guide in Budapest, where we booked a driver as well; enjoyed our time with her as well.

Andrea Makkay

Private Guide - Budapest

+36 20 962 9363

amakkay@t-online.hu

andrea@privateguidebudapest.com

http://www.privateguidebudapest.com

We are doing AMAPrima in September Prague to Budapest. I am curious which private guided tours you are doing and who did you book them with? Also, how do we contact AMA directly?

Thanks

We found both of our guides through recommendations here on CC and Tripadvisor. I booked them six months out so I urge you to contact your guides asap.

In Prague we contacted Eva Trklova:

http://www.trkalova.guide-prague.cz

Eva was booked but referred us to one of the other guides in her group. We have been very pleased with the wonderful prompt, thorough communication and willingness to tailor the tour to our preferences.

For Budapest, we are touring with Andrea Makkay

http://www.privateguidebudapest.com

She is a very popular guide, recommended by Rick Steves and featured in broadcasts on the History Channel, etc.

In Vienna, we are doing an AMA Limited Edition tour, then DIY using the Rick Steves podcasts (free - Rick Steves Audio Europe). We used his tours on a previous trip and found them excellent. We especially like that you can go at your own pace.

As far as contacting AMA, you can ask your TA to do so, if you booked through one, or call their 800 number in CA.

I'd like this information as well. We are doing the Prime in June of next year. We plan on doing the pre and post cruise tours ourselves so I would like to know about guides in both Prague and Budapest. Also looking for one in Vienna as we will take the train back for a couple of days to see what we didn't have time to see.

I'd like this information as well. We are doing the Prime in June of next year. We plan on doing the pre and post cruise tours ourselves so I would like to know about guides in both Prague and Budapest. Also looking for one in Vienna as we will take the train back for a couple of days to see what we didn't have time to see.

Recommendations are above in previous posts.

I personally do not think a guide is necessary in Vienna. It is a large city with a good metro system and easy to plan based on what you are interested in.