Equinox Embarkation too early arrival??

dis2cruise

We are doing our pre-cruise stay in FLL our hotel has transfers they told me my transfer will happen at 9:30 am.

How long will we be waiting there at the pier before they let us on?? They did tell me there is an 11 am transfer should I book that one??

That transfer will get you to the ship about 10:15 You should be able to check-in around 10:30 and get on the ship 11ish. Your cabin wont be available until 1-1:15 so any luggage you carry on will be with you until then.

Thanks,

This makes me feel better I was thinking we would be there really

early 😀

For us getting there 2 hrs before cabins are available is really early😉. Some like to be the first on the ship we prefer getting there around 12:30 so when we get on we get on the ship ditch our carry-on luggage in the, have a drink & a bite to eat before muster.

Have a great trip, we were on the Equinox in May for the 4th time, she is beautiful.

That transfer will get you to the ship about 10:15 You should be able to check-in around 10:30 and get on the ship 11ish. Your cabin wont be available until 1-1:15 so any luggage you carry on will be with you until then.

This is what we do. In fact the last time we got on in March we were there and they had to clear the terminal (somebody was smoking in the ground floor bathroom) and we still got on at 11:00 (Select Status). You're paying so you might as well start enjoying early.

Enjoy your cruise. Equinox and the crew are great.

We are doing our pre-cruise stay in FLL our hotel has transfers they told me my transfer will happen at 9:30 am.

How long will we be waiting there at the pier before they let us on?? They did tell me there is an 11 am transfer should I book that one??

My husband would take the earliest one - I usually talk him into one at about 11.

We get to the port, hand off our luggage, get checked in, and are normally on the ship by noon. Sometimes even earlier, depending on how far our hotel is and traffic at the port.

There's not normally much of a line, and once on the ship we can sit somewhere and have a drink and maybe a snack, not have to wait too long to dump our stuff in the cabin, and then explore the ship a bit and maybe get something else to snack on.

There's really no advantage to getting to the ship any earlier. As long as you're there by 1-2pm, you won't have any worries it will leave without you. :D