Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port - some advice please :)

SouthernSparkler

Hi everyone,

This will be our first time out of FLL. We are flying in pre-cruise & will be spending one night at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, and again 1 night post-cruise.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to get to the closest beach? I imagine we'll be off the ship by about 10am, leaving us time to drop off our luggage at the hotel and get some sun & sand! (renting a car is *not* an option) so how much by cab/how far/name of beach. Thanks!

Also, how does signing up for the shuttle work? Can we do it upon check-in & then the morning of the driver will ask for our name? Or is it more of a free-for-all as it appears lots of people stay there pre-cruise.

Thanks in advance for your help!

That Comfort Suites is a 5-7 minute drive from the beach - Just go east on SE 17th Street, go across the bridge, and Fort Lauderdale beach is just a few blocks up on your right.

No idea how that particular hotel's shuttles work, but in most cases it's far easier and much less hassle/stress to just grab a taxi! Shuttles are more of a pain than they're worth and that hotel is less than 5 minutes from the port.

Just walk to 17th St and take the Sun Trolley or public bus #40 east to the beach (bring small change/dollar bills for fare). Most of the people will be on the beach starting at Las Olas Blvd, as there are bars across the street. If you go about 4 blocks north of that you will find Beach Place which has several bars and public bathrooms.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

This will be our first time out of FLL. We are flying in pre-cruise & will be spending one night at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, and again 1 night post-cruise.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to get to the closest beach? I imagine we'll be off the ship by about 10am, leaving us time to drop off our luggage at the hotel and get some sun & sand! (renting a car is *not* an option) so how much by cab/how far/name of beach. Thanks!

Also, how does signing up for the shuttle work? Can we do it upon check-in & then the morning of the driver will ask for our name? Or is it more of a free-for-all as it appears lots of people stay there pre-cruise.

Thanks in advance for your help!

When you check in at the hotel, ask them for the shuttle sign up list. You will be able to select the time you want to go board the ship. It is a short shuttle ride.

When you check in at the hotel, ask them for the shuttle sign up list. You will be able to select the time you want to go board the ship. It is a short shuttle ride.

You can select your time from what is left if you don't get there early. We checked in around 6pm and the only thing left was the 2pm slot. Ended up taking a cab, if that was known we would have stayed at a better place, this place was a zoo and a very noisy room from the street traffic.

You can select your time from what is left if you don't get there early. We checked in around 6pm and the only thing left was the 2pm slot. Ended up taking a cab, if that was known we would have stayed at a better place, this place was a zoo and a very noisy room from the street traffic.

We checked in around 7 PM and got on the first shuttle. Maybe we were just lucky. However, saying that, I would not stay there again. There are much nicer hotels for the same $ or less. I was not impressed.

Archived