Too much choice...help

Danem7683

Me and hubby done our 1st cruise 2 years ago, RC- independence and wanting to do another but so much choice.

We are 33/40yrs old, like the simple things.

What do you suggest based on the following:

Important factors for us:

Love our food/I get seasick so need to keep occupied/love a good look around the ship/love shops/good entertainment/spacious rooms.

Not to fussed on being with kids/families- would prefer no kids cruise.

Would like a wow factor.

I know this is hard and down to personal preference but just a guide would be helpful.

What is your fav ship and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok we are in our 50's but not sedentary. I am the same I can pool for awhile but unlike DH I need to move. We like Oasis class. It is big but have never found things too crowded. Lots to do, lots of shops.

They have a good variety of ports too.

I'd suggest sticking with RCCL but definitely cruise when all the kids are in school.

RCCL has the wow factor and has more overall energy given your ages than other excellent cruise lines such as Princess, Celebrity or Holland.

I have cruised all but Celebrity and I think that if you cruise when the kids are in school, you won't have too many children. I've cruised Princess and Holland, and enjoy both lines, but when school is in session, those cruise lines attract an older passenger age group.

Edited by vmom

We are first time cruisers (we did a Nile river cruise years ago but this is our first big ship one) and fellow Brits.

I have chosen a Cunard cruise for the following reasons:

We didn't want to fly and so looked at Southampton departures.

I liked the sound of Cunard as being elegant and good for dressing up for dinner.

We chose a balcony cabin so we can spend time together, Cunard have a 'relaxed' attitude to bringing your own booze aboard so we can have a drink in our cabin and as my partner doesn't want to be around lots of kids we have the choice of retiring ourselves to our balcony.

It's only a short cruise so we may try another cruiseline next time or we may stick to Cunard if we like it.

Since you are in the UK, I would suggest flying to Barcelona and doing a Med cruise from there as that is a very easy port to get out of and the Med is generally quite calm and smooth. Given your ages, I would suggest one of the following ships:

Windstar Star Pride - this is a power yacht with only 212 passengers, so I doubt there would be many if any children onboard. These yachts have the ability to get into smaller ports that you miss on the big ships. It's known for casual elegance, excellent food and service.

Princess Majestic Princess (brand new ship 2017)

or from Rome:

Celebrity Reflection: These ships have very little onboard for children and the ages skew older, so typically, you will not find tons of kids onboard. The food in the MDR is better than most mass market lines.