Dollar Car rent in Tampa...Spruce St or Airport???

MikeNKim

I have rented a car from Dollar that I need to return the morning of the cruise to the Tampa location. I am picking the vehicle up in Orlando. Anyways, I thought I read somewhere on these boards that the location at the airport would have the shuttle to take DH back to the port. When I called Dollar directly they said it is the Spruce Street location.

Can anyone verify for me which one they used?

Thank you.

Kim

Dollar is IN the airport. I just rented from them last week. From Blue baggage claim, walk across the street to the car rental counters and the cars are available directly behind the counters. Not on Spruce anymore.

Dollar is in the airport. You can check out the info from the airport website at http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/index.asp . They list in airport and off airport companies. Follow the signs to the airport for rental car return. It is located in the long term garage area and has good signs from the entrance of the airport to the garage. Stay in the left lane entering the airport.

I work at the airport and yesterday when I was leaving I just double checked. Dollar has a location IN the airport AND they have another location on Spruce St just across the road from the runways. Just call Dollar and see if you can drop it off IN the airport instead of having to drop it off across the street. I dont remember seeing Dollar shuttle buses, but will check it out. It would be so much easier for you though if the airport were ok. I dont see why there would be a problem with doing one over the other since they are only 2 miles apart, but call them and let us know what they say please.

Archived