who's in charge of the call center(s) - e-mail address?

trcori

Just had a completely lousy experience with the Celebrity/RCI call center -- in semi-short, we redeemed points on our Celebrity VISA for onboard credit that was supposed to be applied to our recent Mercury cruise; when the final billed amount appeared on my (other) credit card account a couple days ago, I saw that it was NOT, so I called the card company, they told me I had to call a certain number at Celebrity, called that number just now and got an absolutely belligerent woman who at one point, as I insisted "I did what I was supposed to do, now I need to get credited that amount," told me indignantly "You're trying to tell US how to do BUSINESS?" Good God. Then I got a little huffy and said, excuse me, I am a repeat customer who has sailed with Celebrity eight times and this IS a pretty lousy way to do business, especially with a repeat customer -- then she shuttled me on to somebody who DID know what they were doing (in the "loyalty department") and WAS very helpful. Anyway, I want to e-mail somebody somewhere to say "you really should remind your call center people to try to be civil" (and to say something nice about the person in the loyalty dept.) ... so if anyone's got an idea of who I should hit up, I'd appreciate it ... TR

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Just curious, did you not see that the credit was or was not applied on the final statement that you get just prior to the end of the cruise?

Did you check your ship board account during the cruise to verify the credit had been applied to your account then?

yeah, we check our statement repeatedly during the cruise. but we've dealt with onboard credit several times before and sometimes it showed up on the account during the cruise and sometimes at the very end (between the preliminary final statement they send out the last night, and the final amount that turns up in your credit-card account a couple days after the cruise). So next time we'll just add it to our list of one more thing to nag everyone about at the very start of the cruise (like table assignments, etc.) ... TR

IMHO once the cruise starts it is too late & why ruin your trip standing on line & arguing...esp when the credits go through land based offices that are not in synch time wise with the ship etc etc etc.....we check all this before final payment is made through our TA--all shipboard credits, final payment credits, special offer coupons etc. The worst to check is the application of the Royal Points card rewards. seems each type of deal is a sep office--not how I would do it but it's their cruise line! Hope you get it worked out...

Since Celebrity is the one paying for the call center, I would write the letter directly to some executive at Celebrity (check their website, pick one). It probably won't go to them, but it will be sent to the department that handles the call center. What is really helpful (I manage call centers around the world for a contract...) is if you have the names of the two agents, exactly when you called, and the details. What is even more helpful is to start it off on the positive by saying you've called the call center that Celebrity uses and you wanted to pass on specific feedback on the good news and bad news of your experience with the call. Start with the good news, with the agents name, and ask that she be rewarded in some way. For the bad news, tell them that you're sure there must be a training issue, and recommend that this person receive remedial training on customer service. And at the end, tell them that you've always enjoyed Celebrity, and you were sure they would want to know...:D

I do not know if Celebrity is "getting too BIG". I sent a number of emails to the line asking for information..NO REPLY..Finally I called the line and was put over to their customer service line..after 15 minutes I hung up. I finally called the Captains Club number..got right through and got the information. Maybe if enough people called or wrote things would or might get better.

Michael

Archived