Silhouette Questions

John319a

Yes there is Xelerate internet, however it is not as fast as a land based internet connection at for instance a hotel. Last cruise we chose not to buy it and did not regret. Silhouette is a fantastic ship, with so many nice places to sit and enjoy your cruise. Love the Martini Bar, the Sky Lounge, the Ensamble Lounge, Sunset Bar, World Class Bar and the list goes on! I have sailed on two full sailings and I do not think the ship got that full on sea days. Always loungers to be found, unless you wanted to be in the Solarium, where we one day had to take loungers some feet away from eachother. The ship is large and well laid out and ready for crowds!

My wife and I just finished a 12 day Silhouette cruise Friday. We were in a Sky Suite, which includes the Go Best package with unlimited Internet. This was the second time this year that we had that cabin/package. The Internet worked fine with only a few times when the speed was noticeably slower. My wife was logged in all day, every day so she could keep Facebook running. She seldom mentioned any problems. If we had not already had Internet package, we would have bought it for the entire 12 days.

As for the crowds, never really noticed any, however we did not hang around the outside pool. The indoor pool sitting area was almost always easily available.

More importantly to us, the crowds in the main theater for the main evening show had plenty of empty seats for most shows.

For a large ship, the Silhouette and its S-class cousins, handle the crowds very well. Much better than similar Princess ships in our experience.