Cabanas at Cocoay

TITISSA

There is no cost for the cabannas, first come first served.

To find them, walk towards where the ship is anchored. (I think it was turn right at the signs and then keep straight.) You will see a "lighthouse" type structure and there is a small building that houses a spa, open air bar and the cabannas are in that area.

How did I miss that?!?!

My bf are heading there in September....I guess we're going to plan to be the first ones off the ship!

Thank you!

No need to rush. They were still available @ 12:00pm and we got on the island at 9:30am.

No need to rush. They were still available @ 12:00pm and we got on the island at 9:30am.

We got our cabanna around 1:00 while we were doing alternating spa appointments. We did get the last one available, but I think the majority of people don't know they are there. Most of them are hidden by the spa building and most people head to the main area where the chairs are.

Since when did Cocoa Cay have Cabannas? Being a Diamond member (love RCCL), we never saw any cabannas nor an on beach spa. This has to be new.

I'm not sure how long they have been there I wasn't aware they were "new" when I was there the middle of May or I would have asked. :) Maybe I'll have to go back and see if I can find out. LOL

• 2 months later...
fabulous photos!

can you swim next to where the cabanas are? from the pix it looks like they are on a platform? one of the pix looks like a nice distance from the beach swim area.

Thanks so much for the cabana tip! Totally missed it the first time I was there - and it is very easy to do. We were able to get one w/o any problem. There are cabanas on a platform and to the left of them there are lounge chairs and clam shells on a small piece of beach. You can not get to the water at all. You'd have to walk over to the right to the snorkeling area, etc.

A beautiful site, no doubt. If I were alone and wanted a nice peaceful relaxing sun and sand day, this would be it!

We are a party of 8 that likes to swim and snorkel, so I don't see the need for our group to hog something like this. We will leave these beauties for other folks. I hope others don't just drop their stuff under these cabanas and take off for the day so noone else could use them.

Have a great cruise!

that is so considerate of you Michlev1974. My boyfriend and I took the first tender over and did the Kayak tour. Then we went over to the cabanas and grabbed one to take a nap until lunch. We had the waverunner tour booked right after lunch so we took our stuff with us to lunch so others could use the cabana. You get a great view of the ocean and ship from the cabanas. Can't wait to go back to Cococay next year.

that is so considerate of you Michlev1974. My boyfriend and I took the first tender over and did the Kayak tour. Then we went over to the cabanas and grabbed one to take a nap until lunch. We had the waverunner tour booked right after lunch so we took our stuff with us to lunch so others could use the cabana. You get a great view of the ocean and ship from the cabanas. Can't wait to go back to Cococay next year.

Glad to hear you did the same.:D Those cabanas are so beautiful. Might make for a nice photo op with the kids for a few minutes. The picture of the ship with the cabana showing..how pretty...

I never noticed them the last time we were there a few years ago..prob bcs we were too busy looking at the jellyfish in the water with such disappointment....

Archived