Pig-Napping

winesfine

Some of you have heard about this through another post I was on. I've received lots of interest in assisting me the my pig-napping adventure. Here's the beginning of my story.

Last summer I gave a very good friend of mine a stuffed toy pig for her birthday. There's a lot of background on how the pig came to be named "Liquor Pig". I won't bore you with the details, but the name is in good fun. When my friends left for Mexico in November, we snuck into their cabin and "nabbed" the pig.

They phoned me this past Thursday when they returned to their cabin demanding to know where the pig was. I can't imagine why she suspects me, but oh well.

The plan is as follows. Next week (I've mailed it already) she receives the first official notice from the pig nappers telling her the pig is safe. The letter and the original nabbing note is on the website http://www.members.shaw.ca/rickandval/Pig/index.htm

The next letter will be sent from Prince George BC (Canada) from my brother advising her of the ransom terms. Needless to say the terms are so loose she'll never be able to oblige.

The next will be from Nova Scotia (Canada) giving her a warning (empty pork rinds bag enclosed) that next time she better do it right. The next will be sent from my boss who is going to New Orleans mid December, but this letter will be from the pig advising her that she's escaped and is trying to get home.

So from here I need help from my fellow cruisers ... If you are going on a cruise or would like to mail a letter from your home town, give me the details at rickandval@shaw.ca If you want to post from a cruise, let me know some dates and locations. I will mail you a letter from the pig, with an addressed envelope. I'll doctor the letter up so it will have something of significance in it that identifies where you live or where you are going (i.e. if you were going to Paris, the pig would be in the Eiffel Tower or something). I'll send a dollar to cover postage.

The end will be this summer when I stuff the pig and her piglets (oh, did I forget to tell you, she gets pregnant during her adventures) into a suitcase and leave it on the beach for her to find. The suitcase will be covered with stickers to denote some of the places she "went". The letters from the pig are all in good taste (I hope). I will leave the letter unsealed so you can look at what you are sending.

That's my story

Would a Pig letter from Hell work for you? We'll be in Grand Cayman in early February and would be happy to mail something for you. You can send the details to rmbmrm@comcast.net if your interested.

We had a similar "prank" going with my sister and the ugliest bottle opener you could ever imagine. One ransom note showed the wooden girl opener by a chain saw, another by an ant farm claiming they were carpenter ants, etc.

Life is good with a little imagination!

We'll be going through the Panama Canal in February and would love to get involved. Friends of ours have done strange things like that - only it involved an old timex wristwatch ... wired it to the muffler of a car, sealed it into a tin of fish, had it delivered inside a pizza, etc. Email me at ger_77@yahoo.com If you want we could take the pig with us and get photos ... just a thought. Oh, we live in the "frozen tundra" - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and absolutely love practical jokes!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'm not cruising until April, Windjammer through Caribbean, but I am getting ready for a roadtrip for Christmas. I live in Texas and will be driving to Colorado.

Would love to help...we had a similar ordeal with a Barbie named Kris. We actually mailed her around the world to people we met on the internet, along with a disposable camera and asked them to take pictures of her. You would be amazed as some of the things that came back.

I live in So Cal, and am leaving for a Mexican Riviera cruise on Dec 15th, and would love to send one of your letters...maybe they will think the pig is out looking for them in Mexico. I will drop you an e-mail with my address.

Thanks everyone for your responses for December. I've got December covered and now need to set things up for Jan - May/early June.

My friend is 99% sure I've got the pig, but they are enjoying the game too much to push it :)

llmilam, I just finished a Kansas theme letter (yup, done in the Wizard theme) to send out, but if I don't find anyone for Hawaii, I'll let you know. I'm thinking I should do something about going to a Luau, but the pig gets scared cause people keep trying to put her in an underground "sauna".

So many friends are asking "Where's the Pig". It reminds me of the old lady doing the "Where's the Beef" commercials. LOL

I'll try to get the website updated this weekend. Whew, who knew how much work this was going to be!

This is too funny not to get involved in...I live in Davis, California, where we have a dancing pig fountain (don't get me started on public art). Maybe Liquor Pig could be visiting the fountain, learning to ride a bicycle or going to school at the University of California at Davis (home of the Aggies)?

I'm going to the Caribbean in December but it sounds like you've already got it covered.

:)

:D If you would like to have Liquor Pig travel south to get to a point of departure, I'll be traveling to Columbus, Ohio on Dec 19th and then back to Knoxville, TN, where Liquor Pig can try some of the local moonshine. I'll be sailing out of Galveston, TX on 21 March to Cozumel, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Jamica before returning to Galveston. Also, a little side trip to Virginia and Nashville over the holidays. Just let me know what you need. I know someone in Portland, Oregon and western New York State who would also be more than willing to assist with this.

I LOVE practical jokes and I also assisted my grandson with getting "flat Stanley" a well rounded travel adventure.

I would love to help you out on your pig adventure. It just so happens I have a scrapbook full of ribbons from showing pigs when I was younger. I could part with a ribbon or two. I'm in Oklahoma now, will be in Vegas in early Feb., on to Calif, then cruizin to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo thru the 13th of Feb.

Hello all...

If you still need someone from down south (Florida), maybe I can help out as well. You could name the piglets after the four hurricanes, Charley, Frances, Ivan & Jeanne. (Don't know how many piglets you will have) ;-)

Anyway, if Florida won't do it, we are going to the Eastern Caribbean end of January, '05.

Let me know if I can help... PPPOWER96@aol.com

Hi

I live in Stockholm Sweden!

I would gladly send your friend a ransome note or what ever you have in mind!

Just mail me some pics of the pig and I can edit it so that it looks like my "evil" pitbull is trying to eat it!

*lol*

Oh I really like these things!

I helped a couple of french students 3 years ago with bringing garden-gnomes around with me on vacation and taking pictures.

They had liberated them from the states, UK and all over...

I think I sendt a picture to, was it Philly or was Boston, taken in front of our kings castle and told them he was okey,.

That he found a newgirl he liked.

A princess of sweden.

*LOL*

And dont forget what sweden has on the table for Chistmas...

A ham! It's the main dish!

Grilled with mustard. Soooo nice!

You dont have to send any money for postage, it's for a good thing...

A laugh!

Sandra

winesfine, I know what its like to take "items" on the road....

For the last 11 years my friends and I have hauled a can of black beans everywhere we go. It's a practical joke that has become really, really carried away. So far they've been to all 50 states, 32 countries, and 6 continents. I've got almost 1,300 pictures of these silly beans on my Web site, appropriately called Beans Around The World.

On Jan 23, they'll be on board the Carnival Miracle, so soon we'll have Beans in Hell! :)

So... If you need any Midwest pig notes, let me know. I'll be glad to play along!

OMG, I've got a stitch in my side from laughing so hard. Intercourse, PA ... Sweden ... beans ... piglet names. This is going to be a full time job. I think it is wonderful and you've given me so many ideas. I've just sent Kansas their letter to mail with the appropriate Wizard of Oz theme. I will get to most of you with letters.

The pig escapes this week (letter is being mailed from New Orleans) on Friday so I'll update the web site next weekend. I did a couple updates this weekend so there is 2 more letters on. Once the pig escapes, it doesn't matter when or where the letters get mailed from so as fast as I can get the artwork done, I'll be firing them out. I'll send you e-mails to let you know it's on it's way. Once you mail the letter, I'll post it on the web.

Thank you all so very much for all your help. My friends phoned on Friday telling us about the "failed test" (letter on web). They are 98% sure it's us, but still have a wee doubt in their minds. The funny part is the ransom letter go lost in the mail and won't get mailed until this Monday. Oh well, I think it makes it funnier that the ransom note comes AFTER the "you failed the test" letter. Of course, they failed ... they never got the demands.

Many thanks again. :)

Dear Fine Wines,

I think that you have a great sense of humor. I love the imagination and the expense that you are putting into this pig. I hope that they make a scrapbook of the pig's adventures.

My husband and I will be going to Alaska in June on the Regal roundtrip from SF. We do stop in Victoria on our way back to SF. If you want a letter from SF or from Alaska I would be honored to participate.

Deb

Archived