Best Obstructed View (Emerald deck) on the Golden??

mikjr

We're looking at taking a March cruise to Hawaii on the Golden. We've cruised the Sapphire, Island, and Dawn, but never on the Golden.

we're looking to go cheap... and found some obstructed view rooms on the Emerald deck, Category, E, F, or FF.

QUESTION: are all the rooms the same? or is an obstructed an obstructed? I noticed a couple of rooms were right across from the laundry room... I don't think we'd want to be there.

Thanks upfront for any input!

We're looking at taking a March cruise to Hawaii on the Golden. We've cruised the Sapphire, Island, and Dawn, but never on the Golden.

we're looking to go cheap... and found some obstructed view rooms on the Emerald deck, Category, E, F, or FF.

QUESTION: are all the rooms the same? or is an obstructed an obstructed? I noticed a couple of rooms were right across from the laundry room... I don't think we'd want to be there.

On the deck plan below, the three larger lifeboats (E517 to E629, both side) are the shore tenders and those rooms look into the side of the tender, just a few feet from the window. These rooms are the worst.

The better obstructed rooms are the ones that overlook the smaller lifeboats and the rooms that look between the lifeboats. (ie E307 and E319).

67_demerald.gif

Recently returned on the Golden. Our room was E502, listed as fully obstructed and across from the laundromat. The lifeboat only obstructed our view, I would say 50%, but we had an excellent view of the sea above the lifeboat. I would definitely do it again. There was never any noise from the laundromat. Our room was absolutely quiet.

I had E319 to Hawaii and would pick it again in a heartbeat. The view was totally unobstructed and the cabin layout more like a balcony cabin. Actually roomier since we didn't need to keep the space in front of the window clear for balcony access.

We always book obstructed view and have found that the categories on the Emerald Deck (middle of the ship from front and back) have very little obstruction. We have never been on the Golden but are currently scheduled to sail on the Grand (which is a sister ship). The partially obstructed rooms have very little obstruction. Have sailed twice on the Emerald Princess and have been very happy with the 'partially obstructed views'. Good luck.

Donna

I had E319 to Hawaii and would pick it again in a heartbeat. The view was totally unobstructed and the cabin layout more like a balcony cabin. Actually roomier since we didn't need to keep the space in front of the window clear for balcony access.

I notice there is a small forward deck area on the Emerald level... is that accessable from the hallway??

I notice there is a small forward deck area on the Emerald level... is that accessable from the hallway??

Yes it is if you walk forward there is a door that leads outside. There are stairs outside that lead back down to the Promanade deck.

I was going to suggest one of those cabins forward in the 100's, its like having your own outside area. ;)

Hi.

We had cabin e621 almost directly across from the Laundromat on our Alaskan cruise on the Golden last September.

We were pleasantly surprised on boarding to find that the cabin is only paritally obstructed and still offered great views.

You can click on the following link to see images I posted in a previous thread of the view from the cabin (hope this works!)http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=700516&highlight=

We had absolutely no issue with noise from the laundromat and I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

Hope this helps.

Jill

Archived