san cristobal vs el moro

alert

Old San Juan Lover>>>El Moro is most impressive, for its size and imposing location right on the point.

West Point "upbringing">>>San Cristobal is impressive as a military structure. While El Moro fell, San Cristobal never did.

I'd try to do both, but if I HAD to choose one, I'd see El Moro. Save San Cristobal for your NEXT CRUISE......!!!

Agree with RichardK.

Try to do both; they're each great in their own ways.

Last year there was a discounted or free admission for the second fort on the same day, don't now remember the specifics.

You'll enjoy, whatever you choose.

We walked from the pier to El Morro. It took 15 to 20 minutes. Look at Caribbeanbound's post - I know he took a cab - maybe five mintues but I don't know the cost. If you have the opportunity to do both tours, tell the cashier at the first fort. The tickets are $3 each per fort. You can get a $5 ticket to cover both. We also walked from El Morro to San Cristobal. It's maybe ten minuted and you can see the fort as you are approaching. Be sure to peek over the wall at El Morro and look at the old cemetery. You can actually walk down to it but we opted not to since we had planned quite a bit of walking. The free trolley is no help as far as getting near the fort.

Archived